Coil over GP...UPDATE...Money Collection

Ante_Up

I got mine Friday. They look great. 8)

To answer your question, the fronts get inserts and reuse the strut tube with the big bottom spring "shelf". The rears should come with the strut housing new, with a new "shelf". I guess we can cut off those shelves to an extent as shown in the instructions, if we want more travel room for extended height adjustability.

Thanks for including those pages of instructions. Good form.

-Matt

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...the front struts are just inserts, you reuse the main body with the spring perch. The rears are the full strut with perch attached. If you want to slam your car...no wheel gap, or negative wheel gap.....you'll have to cut the spring perches in order to adjust the coil overs that low. If you want about a 1/2 or more wheel gap, then you won't need to cut the perches. You only need to cut if you want less than 1/2 inch or so gap.

Ohh they came in the mail. They are very nice and purdy! But thats all they will be doing because I need to get some Tokico Blues to mount them to, then a running car!

Are there any negitive effects of cutting the spring perches? I mean will I never be able to bring the car back to the stock height?

Thanks again for the very nice group buy!

• 2 weeks later...