Coil over GP...UPDATE...Money Collection

Ante_Up

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I bought a set of coil overs with helper springs from Ante_Up back when he was trying to get this going. Great guy to deal with and he didn't mess around in the least. I can definitely vouch for him. The price was great and the springs rock. Now if I could just get my damn car running. Less than $250 shipped for coil overs on all four corners of the car is uber cheap.

-Tim

That's just for the springs and the parts they need to be mounted to your struts. The reason these are "for offroad use only" is because they are not DOT approved. In the event that they fail while you're driving the car on highways and streets, you were told that they were not approved for street use and it's your fault for using them that way and not the manufacturer/distributor. It's a "let me cover my butt" statement.

-Tim

I see. Do these work with the standard shocks then? I have tokico blue cartridges up front already....reusable?, or different ones needed?

What's the rough TOTAL for the setup run? (always saving up for something) :?

These are not the ones being sold on Ebay....these are the same ones that have been sold here several times in the past. I'm trying the GP again, starting today....go to the Group Purchase section at www.*DMperformance.com

forgive my ingnorance, as I don't know much about coil-overs. What are the two options (with or w/out a "helper" spring?

What exactly is a "helper spring"?

And why are there two springs, not one? Would it be too long and less solid than two that are connected? Or is this where the adjustability comes in?

Lastly the price for one is about $200 plus ship, so figure over $800 without shock cartridges or camber plates?

Sorry for the barrage of questions....just trying to learn,

-Matt

Oh no.....the price (200.00) is for the whole set up, all four corners.....minus struts of course.

Basically, the helper spring is like a dual rate spring set up......it also, gets rid of the "clunking" sound common with coil overs. With the single spring, when the suspension rises up and settles, the coil overs make a clunk sound....not a problem, except for the noise.

There are two springs on the helper spring set up only. The second smaller spring is the "helper". On a single spring set up, there is only the one coil spring. There is not a fitment problem with having the two springs as opposed to the one. The adjustability is done through a threaded portion of the base. The wrench comes with the kit for adjustments. No problem with the questions, let me know if this helps.

Sweet. Fast response too (especially for a holiday).

I assumed the worst when it said 180+ for the "single" spring. haa

Sounds like the dual is better?

Also, which shocks are needed to go with these? What's the rough price for those?

Lastly, would people want different spring rates for racing vs. daily driver (like mine)

Thanks,

-Matt

Depends how low you go, I'm not using them on mine and I have about a 1/2 inch wheel gap all the way around....if you have some, I'd put them on of course.....I don't have any problem with uneven wear the way mine sit