3-point harness and interior panels

zactek

The driver's seat belt track and the motor finally went on me. Soooooo, I'm gonna be putting in 3-point Corbeau racing harness and taking out anything to do with the auto seatbelts. Are all the panels, trim, etc, different for the older, non-auto- seatbelt cars?(don't want gaps where the auto seatbelt parts used to be)  I know the A-pillar covers are different, but I've never seen any other Starions without the auto seatbelts. Thanks!

removing the automatic seatbelts and installing a corbeau harness would be illegal. from what i've been told, 99% of the cops don't care, but knowing my luck...

the earlier starions with manual seatbelts had the belts integrated into the door itself (which is a shame, as otherwise i would've converted mine over). so i'd imagine it would work, but i'm not certain.

yes pretty much everything is different

headliner

door panels

carpet

center console

a-pillar and b-pillar covers

small piece that goes between a and b pillars along the edge of headliner

yeah there is quite a bit to change if you wanna put in the '86 style like i did, but doing it your way sounds a lot easier :P

removing the automatic seatbelts and installing a corbeau harness would be illegal.

And if you ever roll the car, you might as well consider yourself dead as well unless you have a cage. With a three point harness you are fully restrained and can not move out of the way if such a possability happened. Chances it will happen aren't much, but do you really want to risk it? There is a reason three point harnesses aren't stock. But the risk of a broken neck or dying imo just aren't worth it.