Wiseco piston/rings GP - 420 shipped CLOSED

Conquest

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the current list:

Oscar_the_Grouch         1 set .040 over at 8:1           Sending money order

89tsi20g                            1 set .040 over at 8.5:1        Sending money order

drgns88Quest              1 set .040 over at 8:1

mitsusqueeshee             1 set .040 over at 8:1

DOOMID                             1 set .040 over at 8.1:1

BORICUAQUEST87TSI     1 set .040 over at 8.5:1

jr_ss       ???????                                     1 set of .040 over 8.2:1

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

Alright I was told that because of the dish cc on the 8.0:1 cr pistons,that the wisecos are actually 7.8:1 cr when installed in the engine, am I right? I'd rather make it simple and keep a solid number like 8.5:1 or 8.0:1 piston. So what I would like to know is if i go with the 8.5:1 would the cr actually be lower than what is stated?

Oscar_the_Grouch         1 set .040 over at 8:1           Sending money order

89tsi20g                            1 set .040 over at 8.5:1        Sending money order

drgns88Quest              1 set .040 over at 8:1

DOOMID                             1 set .040 over at 8.1:1

BORICUAQUEST87TSI     1 set .040 over at 8.5:1

jr_ss       ???????                                     1 set of .040 over 8.2:1

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

The deadline means that I need a definite answer on whether you are in or out and there is no more allowed in after July 21. It would work better if all money was received by then, but as long as it is soon thereafter and an approximate date the money will be sent is known.

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

No problem.

I just found that the top ring on the set of rings included is a chrome-edged ring, so that is good.

The pistons will be made to the specs you want so they will not be alot lower likes asked before. Its going to be really close to that depending on your deck hieght, and gasket thickness, head mill.

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

ok now  :), since we got the deal going, what do they recommend for piston to wall clearance for our cars? i want to tell the shop what is exact spec and not just count

on the shop's "gestimate" or go with factory specs, any thoughts? Rob NJ.

Oscar_the_Grouch               1 set .040 over at 8:1           Sending money order

89tsi20g                               1 set .040 over at 8.5:1        Sending money order

DOOMID                               1 set .040 over at 8.1:1

BORICUAQUEST87TSI   1 set .040 over at 8.5:1

tad                                                                                 1 set of .040 over at 8:1

jr_ss               ???????      1 set of .040 over 8.2:1

drgns88Quest    ???????         1 set .040 over at 8:1

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

Yeah Paypal would be so much easier for me too. I know it is a pain in the a**, but I don't have the cash for it right now so i'd rather charge it to my account if possible. But i'll use that as the back up I think i can get it in a few days...

How safe is running 8.5:1 cr? I know a lot of people on this board have 8.0:1. Would 8.5:1 give me a better chance of blowing my motor when boosting? Like I said i'd rather keep the compression ratio at intervals like 8.0:1 or 8.5:1, and not be a pain in the a** with the 8.2:1 lol. But I think I am going to be a pain in the arse on this one. I'll keep the 8.2:1.

OK. Please let me know.

Its your preference on whether you want to go with 8:1 or 8.5:1, but I would recommend 8:1 because you will definitely have to be much more careful with fuel and boost on the car when you are running more compression.

Thanks

Jim

Respected Peformance

Oscar_the_Grouch               1 set .040 over at 8:1           Sending money order

89tsi20g                               1 set .040 over at 8.5:1        Sending money order

DOOMID                               1 set .040 over at 8.1:1

BORICUAQUEST87TSI   1 set .040 over at 8.5:1

tad                                                                                 1 set of .040 over at 8:1

jr_ss               ???????      1 set of .040 over 8:1

drgns88Quest    ???????         1 set .040 over at 8:1

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance