Slotted & Cross Drilled Rotors & SS Brake Lines

Oscar_the_Grouch

Hello Guys

First of PHOTOS ARE COMMING, hang in there !  AND Alternate source BELLOW ( I recoment the ALTERNATE after the e-mails I've gotten )

For those of us that want the Cross and Slotted rotors we have a deal here.

These are the iRotors and I have been told that they MAY be of "Seconds" quality or Slightly iregulars. This has NOT been confirmed by anyone just the word out there. BE ADVISED, I was just made aware of this myself. so ACT accordingly PLEASE

These are the same ones that are on E-Bay NOW and are listed at:

$109.00 for the REAR SET

AND

$119.00 for the FRONT SET

The NO EXPIRATION DATE GP PRICE will be as follows:

REAR ONLY $99.00 (For the Big Brake Guys)

AND

Full Set ( Front & Rear ) $199.00

The above pricing is PLUS SHIPPING. And the pricing will ONLY be honored if you MENTION  that "Oscar" sent you at time of purchace. This will identify you as a GP member and get the proper pricing.

The Company:                 iRotors

The Company's Web Site :     iRotors.com

The Company's Phone Number:  (714) 713-3717

This from the Company:       We accept Visa/MC over the phone, money order/cashiers

check, or Paypal.

These rotors are made by EMC ( Canadian Rotor Manufactoring Company ) and were machined and cross drilled and slotted by a brake company that have been in business for 15 years. We

also carry Axxis Metal Master pads.

More info will be posted here as it becomes available.

If you have ANY questions e-mail me or post here.

Alternate Source

I was informed by SEAN PREVOST that Jerry Stockman has a better contact (Bellow) offer the same product BUT is of FIRST quality and NOT Seconds. But the price is a bit higher.

As per Jerry Please contact "Wood" at 714-547-3581 he has given us

this price for our web board tell him Jerry Stockman told you about them.

Race Concepts

http://raceconcepts.net/  

Rotors:

Front $110.00

Rears $110.00

We NOW have access to REAR ONLY Steel Braid Brake Lines (For the Big Brakes

Guys) as well as full sets.

SS Braid Brake Lines

The FULL set of SS Braid Brake Lines are $120.00

The REAR ONLY are $60.00

Thanks to Sean and Jerry for the heads up on this GP and Info

what kind of warranty are they giving against cracking? Ive heard nothing good about cross drilled, you seen these up close oscar ?there was a lot of "junk for sale on e- bay awhilw ago FnF gotr a set of very poorly made rotors from some bunch out west . Id like to know if these are the real deal or not . Thanks,

Scotty

I dont believe ANY brake company or manufacturer will warrant their Cross drilled rotors against craking, as drilling holes into them WILL weaken them and make them more prone to craking.

I think NOT EVEN BREMBO will warrant their Cross Drilled rotors against craking and I also believe this is why they are NOT cross drilling as many rotors as they used to.

PERSONALLY I will go with the ALTERNATE option .

Oscar

Yes I have these [race concepts] on mine and they are great! they are silver cad plated so no rust ,slotted or drilled or both same price! I have both.

I was told iRotor do  some shady stuff :o but its just what I heard

There rotors don't have the Cad plating  ::) so the cost diffreance is very little

Jerry

If you guys are dead-set on running drilled rotors, I'll make a suggestion...

Buy the cheapest rotors you can find that are of decent quality (I like AutoZone's, myself) and have them machine drilled by a reputable shop. I used to have a Ford Taurus SHO that ate rotors about every six months because of heat venting issues. I got tired of buying the $140/apiece SHO rotors at the Ford dealership.

So I went to Auto Zone, plunked down $38 for a pair and then took them to HESCO in Birmingham, Ala., a shop that is usually kept busy working on Ferraris, Porsches, M-Bs and other exotics. For $140, they drilled both rotors.

Mine had 50,000+ miles on them when I sold the car, and never needed turning -- and never cracked. And I autocrossed with this car.

I'm not sure HESCO is even still in business, much less drills rotors -- but if they are, they're in the Birmingham Yellow Pages and it might be worth a shot. I will say this for the shop -- they are meticulous with their work to the point ofjz retentiveness. They're not going to try to jack you up.

Jess

• 1 month later...

update on SS brake lines

overall I'm satisfied with them but, on the rear lines the line that goes from the oem line to the strut mounting point is to short. It is not leaking but the plastic fitting that covers the hose behind the fitting has cracked due to stress. I'm going to get the length of the stock hose and see if I can get them to correct this.