rust out repair

dizzydug

is there any availble sections(new) for our cars.the lower corner in front of the pass. side wheel is rotted.i am no metal worker so making a new piece would be a real pita

and would rather cut out the cancer and weld in a whole new piece.

i may just use the rust converter and fiberglass repair but wanted to know whats availble first.

fiberglass is my medium of choice.i may sell the car so I want to do it rite but don't want to spend a fortune.

Depending on the extent of the rust damage, what you see may only be the tip of the iceberg  ;)

I probably wouldn't go with brand new parts/skin, I'd try to find a rust free doner in which you can cut off more than you think you'll need. As when you get your body skinned, you may realize there is more than meets the eye to your damage.

Check out my repair, I never expected to see so much metal eaten up.

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...;num=1048725478

i am gonna pull off the pass. side rocker panel piece and see what's back there.

The area that's rusted was full of dirt that got in there thru a little hole rusted out at a seam in the wheel well.the bottom part of the quarter panel was paper thin and i stuck my finger thru it.i was quite disgusted about the whole thing.

i only know of 1 in a junk yard locally but it's pretty messed up.That part of the rear may be ok if the car is still there.around here the response to "I have a mitsubishi starion I need a part for" is what the heck is that?

wil  look into this more over the weekend.