Just got my new gauges are in!

88BlueTSiquest

hummm....

I have the replacement gages also but I was told by justin @importcarpartsplus.com that the #194 would not work in our dash.

He was not upfront with me about the scraping the needles with a knife part.  Don't forget that one or stick with a colored needles.

*shrug* the 194 bulbs work fine for me.

I don't know how they cross reference, but the gauge bulbs are 161's. I know that some manufacturer's vary the part number, though.

As far as scraping the needles go, that's the only way I was able to achieve the look I got. I painted the red on the back's of the needles, I just scraped off the leftover yellow/orange, and repainted.

Man I like that alot, I wish Ben would hurry up and do a brushed aluminum panel so I could do what I want.  One question though.  Has anyone come up with a reasonably easy way to change the colors of the light switches and such.  I'll buy a whole new stereo to change those colors and some new decks have user selectable color schemes to try to match as many cars as possible so that will be easy.  but the climate control and those pesky light switches have to GO, at least in orange.

Man I like that alot, I wish Ben would hurry up and do a brushed aluminum panel so I could do what I want.  One question though.  Has anyone come up with a reasonably easy way to change the colors of the light switches and such.  I'll buy a whole new stereo to change those colors and some new decks have user selectable color schemes to try to match as many cars as possible so that will be easy.  but the climate control and those pesky light switches have to GO, at least in orange.

We came up with a way to change the old style HVAC colors. It involved one of those clear plastic notebook style covers from walmart.

I'll find the link.......

That was quick. Click here : http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...694923;start=30

jolyrgr changed the HVAC coloring. I've got theories on the lighting panels(based on what jolyrgr did), but I haven't attempted them yet. The clock is supposed to be an easy fix.

That whole thread has some decent ideas. But here's a link directly to his pic of the modified HVAC http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/foofoo_67203/vw...=ph&.view=t

well, the replacement gauge faces has the option for the HVAC controls. I have a white faced set to match the gauges. i will take a pic of what they look like when i get the chance. i've also done the clock and a/c controls. basically what i did was i took apart the a/c control, took out the super small bulbs and got some testors "transparent candy apple red" and sprayed about 1-2 coats (not too thick or it won't shine as bright and not too thin or it won't do anything). the clock is the same concept. it comes out alright but the clock bulb slowly faded but is still better then that "orangish" hue. what my friend did on his older eagle talon was take the autometer bulb covers and shrivel it up/twist it in a way where it'll fit back into where the bulb went and that's it (this was a blue cover, btw). the store i work for also sells a japanese product that is sorta like a nail polish sized paint bottle that is specialized for painting small bulbs. real expensive and hard to get though and they ran out of the good colors that i would want (red, blue). sky's the limit basically.