How do you take off the rear spoiler?

Jason87TSi

Hey guys, I'm sure that this is a simple question, but I'm afraid of breaking something.  I need to know how to take off the rear three piece spoiler (all three pieces of it) as well as the side view mirrors.  What's the easiest ways you've found?  I'm going to repaint them next week.  

Thanks!

Jason

For the center piece on the hatch, just pop that trim piece off, and un bolt it all.  for the side pieces, if I remember correctly, you have to remove all the interior from the back seat on back (seat, side panels, rearspeaker covers)

for the side mirrors theres a plastic trim piece that pops off, under that holding the mirrors is a large nut (19 or 22 mm I think) unscrew that disconect the conector for the motors and defrosters and your done  :D

To remove just the center spoiler, you need to first remove the plastic trim under the hatch. Then poke holes in each of those silver foil pieces, you will see the nuts holdin the hatch under that silver foil. Remove all nuts and make sure you got all of them! Then you should get some kind of trim removal tool to push in between the hatch and rubber spoiler. Work very carefully to seperate the double sided tape and release the rubber spoiler from the hatch. It is very easy to deform the rubber, so take your time with it. THis isn't the easiest thing to do on a conquest actually. In fact it is one of the only parts on this car that I really HATE to remove, lol.

The sides are similar, pull apart the rear decks and the sides of the back seat.   You will see more silver foil pieces.  Under the foil pieces are the same type of nuts.  Then the sides remove the same way as the center.   THere is double sided tape holding these sides onto the body that you need to seperate carefully.  Also there is one stap fastener on the very front tip of the spoiler.   It is easy to pop out but wanted to make you aware of it.  

I think someone else covered the mirror.  Just a tiny triangle black cover that pops off and there is a nut under it.  Remove the nut and the mirror comes off but you first have to remove the whole door panel to get to the electrical connector that unplugs the mirror.  

kev