interesting project idea...

Hey guys, been a few years. Right now I am in a bit of planning stages for a potential project. Currently I work at Zero Motorcycles as part of the Motors In House team building motors for the new DSR/X we are making. This 65 lbs electric motor is a bit of a beast. 110hp, 175 ft/lbs of torque. I am toying with the idea of converting my G54B powered Ram 50 to electric and there are a few programs at work for this, though I have one small snag. I am in need of measurements of the bolt pattern and in relation to the input shaft center of the transmission. I am so far unable to find anything on actual diagrams for this. I also have the factory manual for my truck and for my Conquest but neither have any information or measurements on this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i managed to get up to my dads place and get measurements off a spare transmission i had there. so that part is done. what i did not do was measure the metal motor brackets, rubber bushing mounts or get measurements off the crossmember from the frame he had there for an old truck. far as I am aware the dimensions of the engine mount points are the same on the 2wd trucks as they are on a starion. So now I need to figure out all that. the mount surfaces of the frame look to be at 80°-90° to each other, but its hard to get dimensions when your only source has an engine in the way, and my Dad is 400 miles away through mountain roads :P

So if anyone has access to a frame, bushing mounts and or the metal brackets that bolt to the engine and can get me dimensions that would be a great help. Preferably in metric (these are Japanese cars, they where built in metric :P ) again, thanks in advance guys