Hello from Vancouver B.C.

StarSHO

Hello, I am happy to be part of the SQ club. I have an 88 Starion. I have been dreaming about having a Starion for many years, and the project is coming true. The plan, a very big plan is to swap in a 3.0L SHO engine. I did read about one other member starting a SHO engine swap, but i didnt see the finished product. Will i be the first. Scary, but exciting also....

Thanks, Trevor

post-26859-0-18528600-1441946303_thumb.jpg

I lived on Commercial Dr. and 2nd Ave...back in the day they would close off about a mile of Commercial Dr for an Italian Festival once every year.

I really miss the Ketchup chips also!

Good luck with your swap...have you considered keeping the original motor and going MPI...lots of members here with fast cars with MPI.

Jerry L.

Thanks for the support, I just want to try something differnent(Other than the 2jz)hahaha. I have contimplated about getting it back to stock engine. I just need give this swap a chance. I know the SHO engine very well. The battle with most likely be the oil pan...

Hey Jerry, where can i find the Ketchup chips your talking about? I like to try them, and maybe i could send some you way??hehehe.

Thanks,

Trevor

Edited by StarSHO

Good luck with the swap...I know the Taurus SHO was actually faster than the Mustangs from the same production year,but I prefer turbos!

You can find the ketchup chips anywhere usually made by Old Dutch.Sometimes a relative will bring some down when they visit.

Jerry L.

• 2 weeks later...