Eng. shut off at cruise between 1800 to 2800 rpms

For last two month my 87 conquest TSI has been cutting off and on if I'm cruising between 1800 to 2800 rpm. Like I'm shutting the key off and on, sometime it won't come on till RPM GETS TO 1800 rpm to and then all is good. Does not happen till car warms up.If I'm accelerate through that range there are no issues. I have swap out mass air sensor, computer, knock box, new distributor W/vac adv., inject clips run fuel pressure check when it quit, stayed at 38 lbs. I at wits end! Any suggestion on what I may be overlooking?

Try unplugging your ISC/MPS sensors and driving it. My red '88 had the same revving problem when I bought it, it was the ISC.

If this is Tom Meitz, I recall meeting you at PF '04. Good to see you still around.

Yes I'm still around! Hope everything is going well with you. My problem is the whole system shuts down from 1 sec to 10 seconds as though I'm turning the key off and on, and I have replace all of the main components. I check my TPS WITH ohm meter and it did not change resistance. I'm trying to locate one in aftermarket and no one shows a listing! Ugh!

Well Josh 88 and Starquest rescue! You did it! My problem is solve once and for all. I would have never guess that to be the problem EVER. Thanks again.........TMeitz

Same here! Car ran so good for so long just went about my business! It's been about 9 years. Wife passed away in 05 and lost all interest. But life is good and I continue on.......

• 3 weeks later...