2jz engine mounts and engine bay prep

clueless

yea its kinda lonely but then again thats why its unique! in my opinion non of the 80s(rx7, daytona, fiero, mustang, celica) car have fronts that are as nice as the starion, and the hatch back is at a perfect length, not too long and not to short :D

aconro- thanks for answering all my questions! feel alot more confident now.

the best part about owning one of these cars is never seeing another one on the road, but it would be nice to have a few in the same area to hang out with.

I am still running stock twins on my swap. But I have a 1jz. However, they are very similar. I was able to shorten my stock drive shaft and have the correct yoke put on it. The automatic and manual trans that came in the conquest originally were not the same length. the automatics had a shorter drive shaft. My car was originally a manual so i had to cut about 3-5 inches off my drive shaft if i remember correctly. I just had a drive shaft shop do all the work.

Good luck!

Well I'm actually back in BC again now. I've been moving a lot recently doing work placements for school. I was in Calgary for the last 4 months and was in Leduc last winter.

It is pretty depressing knowing there's almost no chance of seeing another Starquest on the road. Every time I see an old Celica or Daytona my heart jumps for a second haha.

• 2 weeks later...

so this came up...2jzgte vvti http://www.jdmsource.ca/products.php?jdm-toyota-2jz-supra-aristo-vvti-turbo&cPath=6

originally i was going for the 2jzgte non vvti http://www.jdmsource.ca/products.php?jdm-toyota-2jzgte-twinturbo-toyota-engine&cPath=6

the price different is 1000$ so it is really tempting to go with vvti, I would only want around 400-500hp max, people on the supra forum said it is hard to find parts for the vvti. like new rods.

Any input on this anyone? Will I regret getting the vvti just because its 1G cheaper.

btw Vettekiller's(Matt) mount will still work on this right? because I got it already.

Not that I know anything but is the vvti worth $1,000 more for less serviceability and how much more horsepower are we talking? You can do a lot with $1,000. $.02

Not that I know anything but is the vvti worth $1,000 more for less serviceability and how much more horsepower are we talking? You can do a lot with $1,000. $.02

i want around 400-500hp, but yea the vvti is 1000$ cheaper. and some posts say they have smaller rods than the non-vvti and some say all 2jz gte models have the same rods. so confusing. anyways I think ill most likely go with vvti.

Update: i finally bought an engine hoist from princess-auto today. assembled it and remove my engine and trans. first time ever removing an engine. hard but so rewarding after. will try to get pictures posted in restoration section tomorrow since Ive been fixing rust etc. not so much on swapping yet.

• 4 weeks later...

hey clueless, ill try to fill in

vvti vs non vvti they are essentially the same except the intake cam/

for the 1k diff get the vvti, it has potential to make just as much power (500 hp is very very easy with these engines)

the only diff is harder to find a cam (if u wanted to replace) its unneeded to replace to make 500, use all stock internals

if you goal is 500hp, get bigger injectors, intercooler, fuel pump/fuel pressure regulator, single turbo setup, and tuning, and 500 is EASY

im not 100percent sure on support from the trans, when staying with the auto aristo, i have seen a few high hp cars running the aristos, not sure longevity, or what they replaced along the way

as far as driveshaft, use your stock one, the a new end put on the drive shaft to mate to the auto trans, have a driveshaft place do the necessary modification and balancing (usually around 2-300 dollar job) (using ur supplied parts)

to give u a idea, my car non vvti on a 62mm pump gas 15psi, 1000cc injectors aeromotive fp (very conservative tune) made 400hp ( i still have plenty of fuel and turbo left, still working on other things on the car and im a auto powerglide though)

hope this helps