Why did you buy your first StarQuest?

viper1355

Seen my first couple at the DSM shootout in Ohio. Thought they were awesome. Forgot about them for a while. Started getting into autocross with my Shelby and thought I should do it with a cheaper car and wanted a project. Didn't want a lame 240 or Honda so I found one of these things. Now I am hooked. Hope to do my first event this summer with it. But I am apprehensive because of rarity of parts.

I researched for a fun project car for nearly two years and was set on buying a honda crx or a supra. Then i saw a picture of a fiji conquest and i had to figure out what car I was looking at. I had to have one and bought the first one that came up on craigslist that I could afford and wasnt red or white(bad idea)

I've always been a fan of angular cars and hatchbacks. When I was little I wanted a Nissan Pulsar NX because I liked the way it looked. Enter adulthood, my love for wagons was stronger and I bought my Magnum and was stuck with Hemi fever for a long time. Right around March of 2011 I talked to a friend I hadn't seen for about a year and he told me about the Dodge Conquest he had, and how much fun it was for the 2 weeks he owned it before he blew the turbo. I had never heard of a Conquest before, so I immediately looked it up and said OMGWTFBBQ! I found this forum and Starquest X-I and read tech articles for hours, so my obsession grew. About a month later I convinced my wife we needed a gas saver (heh heh) and I found a silver 86 on Craigslist for $1,500. I bought it, but it had rust and after 2 years I had to make room and was forced to part it. It was only about a year before I felt the need again, so I went out and bought the black 88 I have now. No ragrets

I was driving my gas hog, bored over, cut heads, big cam, high compression, rebuilt V8 sbc everywhere.

I was building houses with a guy named Don, we called him ''Chicago''

He loved these cars...and had a red Starion.

He put some money into it but never ran quite right.

When he took me to the garage...I was very confused at what to think about it.

I loved the widebody look and the front end.

He needed it gone......So i bought it.

Been hooked ever since.

That was 1999 I was 19 years old.

Playing Forza 4 on my xbox I won one in a race. I thought damn I've never seen one before there's no way they made them in America. When I found out they did, I knew I had to have one.

Funny... I had to have Fornza 4 because there was a Quest on there. The only reason I bought an x-box.haha

guy down the road had two cars on sale, both same year. 1988, toyota supra (non turbo) 5 speed. 1988 chrys. conquest low mileage.

i saw the turbo and bought it. ( actually pushed it home, car was not running)

• 4 weeks later...