Thoughts on Electronic Boost Guages

Jody1

Any thoughts on mechanical boost guages vs electronic remote sender guages?

The electronic units have a remote sensor and wire to the guage. Approx 75% more $.

The mechanical units run a small air tube to the guage.

Accuracy and durability are the questions for me.

Edited by Jody1

I would personally use a mechanical gauge. I tend to prefer analog sensors though. EDIT: IMO less can go wrong with a mechanical gauge than with an electronic one. In my line of work, mechanical gauges seem to be more trustworthy. Edited by mechengrkj

Electronic can make for a cleaner install.

If you buy a quality brand, they will be just as reliable as each other.

Cheap electronic gauges are just that.

I've used cheap and expensive gauges (autometer particularly), and on the electronic you get what you pay for.

Mechanical seem to be fine either way. As long as they are treated right (not drop them).

X2 a good electric gauge will last. I verify my electric gauge readings with my EBC

Podi Boost and Coolant Temp

http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10848198_418925474939745_328498798_n.jpg

Funny stuff. So as a result of my autometer mechanical's inconvenient size, I ended up roto tooling it and accidentally dropped it, approx $70.

It bent the coil to where it now registers 10lbs with zero boost. I bent the coil back to its original position where it indicates 0 lbs but I don't know if it's accuracy has been adversely affected.

Considering a speed hut electronic.

But will stick with the autometer mechanical if anyone thinks it might still be accurate.

(It was new but I was never certain of its accuracy running approx 7ft of 1/8 tubing)