Tial 50mm Bov do they go bad?

hunter85

I have had this bov in my car since I got it when i first got the car this bov sounded wicked well it doesnt sound so wicked anymore more queefy than anything sometimes at high boost12lb or so it will blow off like it is suposed to . I took it apart everthing looks good inside diaphram ect one thing I noticed was it was really hard to compress the bov in Im not weak and it took alot to push it in also it took alot to put it back together by myself as my retarded butt didnt use my vices anyway should it be that hard to compress it is a 11lb spring I think wastegate is still working so im not worried about boost surges but just wondering thanks in advance Travis Happy Holidays

Yes, the diaphragm inside will wear over time and start to leak. I had this happen to my Greddy Type-R bov last summer. I couldnt understand why it wouldnt blow off at low rpms anymore and it was sounding funny so we put a vacuum on the nipple and it would not hold so i knew it was leaking.

Here is a quick check... disconnect your bov hose that goes to the TB and suck on it like a straw, if it doenst hold suction and you can continually suck air then its bad.