Throttle Cable

hey guy i am having a hard time understanding how loose the throttle cable has to be, i read it has to be 1mm loose is this correct? also how should it be loose like when i pull the cable like the slack or if you touch the cable side ways. when i press down on the cable with my finger it has more than 1mm of slack but if i pull the cabe with my fingers it has 1mm of slack. Could someone help me understand this better. Thanks

Loose isn't as important as travel. Have someone floor the gas pedal while you adjust the cable slightly tighter than full throttle. As long as the throttle has full travel you're good. When you set it that way there will be enough slack.

The accelerator pedal is connected to the throttle body with a cable. The throttle body is a valve that controls air flow into the engine. When the accelerator pedal is floored the throttle body should be open 100%. You check this by having someone floor the pedal then you see if the throttle body can be opened further. If it can you adjust the cable. If it can't you leave it alone. If the cable is tight when the pedal isn't pressed you loosen it a bit then check for full throttle opening when the pedal is pressed.