Hello from St Petersburg, FL!

Let me begin by saying that I've never owned a Starion or Conquest (I still don't). My first encounter with one was in 1999/2000 when a buddy came to work with a Fiji Blue TSi. I'd never seen one, and it was his roommate's car (his roomie also had a 3000GT/VR4). I had a '93 Mustang LX hatch and it blew my doors off. I knew I wanted one, but studies came first. Fast forward a few years (14-15h and a co-worker and I were talking about '80s cars and how cool some of them were. I remembered the Conquest and began reading more about them on this and other sites. I've read MANY posts and topics on here, but never officially introduced myself. Until now. I've been looking for a solid Starquest that I can daily drive while I work on, but, at least in my area, everyone seems to be asking a pretty penny for them. I looked at a pretty beat '86 and the owner would not budge off his $3000 asking price. I've seen WAY nicer cars in the classifieds here for MUCH less in price. If anyone has any tips for hunting cars or what to look for, I'm interested! Thanks again, everyone!

P.S. My name is Brian.

What's up brian! Happy hunting, I don't prefer any over the other but 88-89 has the better ecu and 6 bolt rear axles that can handle more power. Sport handling package (shp) is always a nice addition if you come across one. This is the place to get parts as well

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! I'm no stranger to project cars. I restored a 1967 Mustang shell (had to sell because of a new city "junk" law that didn't allow driveway restorations), and I'm currently rebuilding a 1968 Camaro. I've never owned or worked on a turbo car or anything with fuel injection. Looking forward to the new experiences! I'm always willing to learn and lend a hand; so if I may be of assistance, let me know!