New here 88 starion esir

deloo

well after 10 years i found this starion its an 88 esir auto. I bought it from the original owner. last time this car hit the road was back in 1996. I am currently going through the car checking everything and replacing all the rubber. I have started the car but not under its own power(carb spray) the fuel pump is dead. I'm also removing a/c and abs as this will not be a daily... So far I have rebuilt the throttle body replaced every line containing coolant cleaned the inter-cooler cleaned the oil cooler removed most of the a/c stuff.I have cleaned the gas tank. replaced the fuel filter. I'm replacing the inter-cooler hoses with silicone ones. they are dry rotted. I had an 89 conquest years ago loved it and lost it but this one is not going anywhere. located in Phx az Edited by deloo

well thank you. I had forgot how much of a nightmare these things can be but that just adds to the fun hopefully this one will be back on the road some time this fall. interesting bit of info on the car i have all of the service records from 1988 up to 96 the owner religiously took the car to the dealer for everything including all of the maintenance service intervals also have the original window sticker this is a non shp car that had the shp wheels put on at the dealer. Its silver sorta black leather interior he claims no one ever sat in the rear seats. I put a battery in to test all of the electronics everything is working. so hopefully no major hiccups. but i know these are problem prone. Edited by deloo