86 injectors

Are the 86 injectors the same? Mine has a black topped one and a green topped one? I saw someone selling 2 blacked topped ones for an 86 and that got me to wondering about mine. Mine is running stupid rich. Edited by stoopideric

pcrist is correct. Pre-87 had a different injection system. It fired both injectors evenly. 87-89 had a smaller(primary) and a larger(secondary). The car runs off the primary. The secondary only kicks in above a certain point when it's needed. If you've got an 87 or newer, unplug the secondary and go for a short ride. The car'll run fine at lower, less demanding rpm's, but stall out when you hit the pedal a little harder....almost feel like you switched off the ignition.

You might be able to trade with another member your injectors. You can try the Trilogy Injectors from E-Bay for approx. $170 on a pair for your 86. They seem to work fairly good in my 88, but I still prefer a clean non-leaking set of factory injectors.

Ok here is what I have. What I thought were the stock 86 injectors are actually the 87 and up injectors stamped with and L and an M like pcristquester said. I found a box in the trunk that has a rather new pair of injectors from fuelinjectorclinic.com They are etched with 850cc BUT they are quite a bit longer and would require spacers and longer bolts to bolt the fuel rail on.