WTB in Virginia, DC and MD area

SunbirdGTO

there's one or two on craigslist in the area. you could check with Fijiphil. I don't think he has one for sale but at the rate he buys and sells them it's worth a shot.Ask around locally too. they're eye catchers so someone is bound to know. I've heard of some in the area in the past just from local junkyard employees to auto part store employees to just random people who happen to ask me about my car. You'd be surprised who knows about them and where to find em. good luck! I'll keep an ear out.

- Charles

Edited by nightwalkerancestery

Hey man, as Corey said I usually have a few, but nothing not needing some more serious mechanical attention at the moment :/ I don't know what your budget is but I know the guy that bought my black 88 from me a few months back is looking to sell it. It is a very nice car, low mileage, some mods. But it has a sunroof. I think he was looking to get 3500 out of it, I'd be happy to pass on his number if you'd like.

Corey your right.. If memory serves correct he had that and 2 others. I don't know what it wound up changing hands for but he seemed to think pretty highly of it judging by his asking price when he had it listed.. Lol. I think he wanted above 4k and said it had a driveability issue.

yeah I spoke with the guy about it quite a while ago. he said he had only one other car to go with it. but yeah he wanted WAY too much. It had an injector issue. I can't remember which injector but it was clogged or something of the sort.

Either way he wanted a lot of money for it. when I talked to him a couple months ago right before he sold it he wanted like $5200 with the aftermarket rims. honestly I think those rims look like poop. hahah!

- Charles

Hey guys - wow! Thanks so much for the response. I hope I can phrase ths right: I don't know much about auto mechanics so I need to look for the best example I can find. If that's in a higher price range than $4,000 thats ok. The below $4,000 range makes me nervous as I'm not qualified to evaluate (or solve) potential problems. I'd like to get the best looking, most reliable car possible. And I need a car without a sunroof as I'm 6' 1". Unless it has sport seats or something. I'm not in a hurry but am prepared to act if the right car comes along.

I sincerely appreciate you all keeping an eye out for me. If you come across something, please contact me or forward my contact info as below:

Scott

703-623-7765

swmcdermott4@gmail.com

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking.... I am more interested in the best car for the money. Even if it's in the $6,000 to $10,000 range. I rather pay up for something more complete and finished than something I need to committ a lot of time and money into. I appreciate any leads.

Thanks all!

I have one in MO if you're willing to travel. Red '87 with 88K original miles, all original, no mods, runs great, shifts great, has tons of new parts. Paint is fairly new, but isn't perfect. Air dam has some light damage. Car has zero rust on body, and very minimal surface rust on undercarriage. Car includes original sales receipt from '87 and nearly every service record/receipt for everything ever done to it.

I'm looking for $5K OBO. Let me know if you're interested, I can get you more pics, and more information.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e131/r10bravo/F4CBCAE7-B32C-4BE3-B2D7-510BD0221791_zpsvrydusc3.jpg

• 2 months later...