WTB 3.9/1 gear set

JohnnyWadd

• 2 weeks later...

Im from near philly but will be driving through nc in march so delivery may be available if we can make it work, im pretty sure i paid 375 for the diff. I boughf it from a member here. I dont want to lose money on it.

Let me know if either of you guys are interested i am not actively trying to sell it so no rush just trying to free up some money by next month.

I will pass on the diff I have one already and all the stuff here to set up backlash/pinion depth/tooth contact pattern and pinion preload. I just want the gears.

I might grab it if I didn't have a spare diff already and I don't know who worked on it. I guess a quick backlash and contact pattern test would be easy though...

Edited by JohnnyWadd

I know the guy i bought it off of spent big money all along the way of his build he just ended up going a different route with his rear and didnt use this set up. So i would assume it was a quality job done assembling the diff, but i dont know 100% i haven't used it or really checked it just snagged it and put it in the garage until it was needed.

I understand just wanting a gear set though but either way just let me know.

Edited by yzrider

$375 is a great price. I had the gears and the center all set to do the swap years ago then I started getting an idea on how much to marry the two... was too rich for my blood. Even $375 plus shipping is a steal IMO

Hey thanks andy i really cant remember what i paid for it, im starting to second guess that it was 375, i remember almost backing out when i bought it because it seemed like so much money.

I texted the guy i bought it from and he doesnt remember what i paid either. 375 seems more than fair to me though

I know the guy i bought it off of spent big money all along the way of his build he just ended up going a different route with his rear and didnt use this set up. So i would assume it was a quality job done assembling the diff, but i dont know 100% i haven't used it or really checked it just snagged it and put it in the garage until it was needed.

I understand just wanting a gear set though but either way just let me know.

$375 is a great price. I had the gears and the center all set to do the swap years ago then I started getting an idea on how much to marry the two... was too rich for my blood. Even $375 plus shipping is a steal IMO

Hey thanks andy i really cant remember what i paid for it, im starting to second guess that it was 375, i remember almost backing out when i bought it because it seemed like so much money.

I texted the guy i bought it from and he doesnt remember what i paid either. 375 seems more than fair to me though

Would be sweet to see a itemized invoice from the mentioned speed shop that setup the gears inside the diff. Not that I want to second guess a guy but if I had a differential for sale at nearly 4 hundred bucks I would for sure want to back it up with some paper. As I see it this is a diff that one guy bought from another guy and neither of the guys wanted to or got the chance to use it but one guy says it was "setup by a speed shop" so now its auto maticaly worth 400 bucks?

Edited by JohnnyWadd

The guy i got it from paid the speed shop to do a full 2jz\r154 swap into his car. He also had them do the rear diff, he ended up not using the diff as he was planning to swap to a viper rear or some crazyness.

The car was gorgeous and it made 6-700 horses. Was a monster. Im confident that the shop was able to set up the diff.

And yes i know it is all based on trusting me trusting him and you trusting this, but such is life sometimes.

The guy i got it from paid the speed shop to do a full 2jz\r154 swap into his car. He also had them do the rear diff, he ended up not using the diff as he was planning to swap to a viper rear or some crazyness.

The car was gorgeous and it made 6-700 horses. Was a monster. Im confident that the shop was able to set up the diff.

And yes i know it is all based on trusting me trusting him and you trusting this, but such is life sometimes.

Fair enough :)

Its crazy when you look back and think about the amount of trust you put into people you dont know over the internet, but ive driven hundreds of miles on someone's word and had it work out everytime, you aquire a sense for whos legit and knows their stuff and who is a hack or a scam artist when you buy and sell alot.

Oh well thanks johnny just wanted to explain the situation some!