New From WI

cheesey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good I am actually about to head in the garage myself. Just waiting on wood stove to warm it up and then i am going to work on starting to tackle the gas tank job. I am dropping the tank and putting in that epoxy liner stuff. I am working on doing some of the odds and ends things i need to do while im waiting on the parts for the head job i am about to tackle. It should be back up and running by next weekend. I hope you find all them running gremlins without much hassle. Edited by dukaine

I think the problem lies within the fuel system. bad injector clips/clogged secondary injector or plugged filter somewhere. might not hurt to look in the gas tank like you are too. Got the clips and fuel filters on the way hopefully they get here by the weekend a heat wave coming.

i made my own fuel injector cleaner everything together cost me about 20 bucks at most it involved carb cleaner 5 ml syringe 9 volt battery alligator clips a old jump fuel injector plug in wire electrical tape and a momentary switch If u are interested i can tell u how i did it. It worked pretty good for me

replaced the injector clips, secondary injector replaced fuel filter, did a boost leak test there's a small leak somewhere by the drivers side firewall didn't get to pinpoint it because a small party broke out in the garage. still having the same fall on its face issue at 3k. going to check the cone filter tomorrow, tps, and a few other common problems I have seen on the forum. putting in the tep downpipe and aem wideband also. Edited by cheesey

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you are working on it and figuring some of the stuff out. If its falling on its face past 3k then its a very very good chance that its the secondary injector causing the issue. On these cars anything 87+ runs a smaller primary / larger secondary and the primary is active from idle to right around 3k rpms then the other kicks in past that and in boost conditions.

We will definitely have to get a meet going. Also go to the mitsu cookout in minnesota. I go every year and its a blast.

Yeah I don't know if its that yet or not. I replaced it with a supposed good one and it did the same thing. I also started the engine with the primary clip connected to the secondary injector so I believe it is opening. tested the t.p.s and it seemed off. The resistance jumped all over when the throttle got closer to wide open. Getting the Mazda replacement adapter from the parts forum and doing the Mazda t.p.s. hopefully its that because otherwise I'm kind of stumped. I got a lot of work to do yet. Once its running rite I will install the 2.5" cat-less b pipe and arm wideband also could use a break job. it's been so damn cold out lately and busy with work I haven't got much done though. I miss her haven't seen it for a week. Lol.

I bought and installed one of boostedmini's mazda tps adapters and sensor from him. It worked great and eliminated the issue of trying to find a good tps for a decent price. I purchased two from different places and each of them ended up being out of spec. I finally just said screw it and bought the mazda tps and adapter. Boom fixed. And now I can go to a parts store and buy a replacement easily.

Yeah I was going to buy a used one but this one seemed more worth it. Well now it seems like I have another problem. Wouldn't start last night. Battery was dead. Charged the battery it turned over but it didn't sound like the fuel pump was running. So I'm going to mess with it tonight. This starquesting is frustrating as hell!

Don't get discouraged. I know it can be fustrating at first but you have to remember that these are 25 year old cars and most of them were never treated to proper maintenance all their lives. Do yourself a favor and keep at it. Eventually what will happen is you will have touched all of the important systems on the car and got them working correctly. At that point the car will be very reliable. The car pictured in my signature was in absolutely horrible shape when I bought it. Trans was blown, engine needed a rebuild, it was missing parts, etc. Over the 6 or so years I've owned it I have went through every inch of that car and now I would drive it anywhere and trust that it wouldn't sweat it.

With these cars its a marathon not a drag race lol.

right now I'm working on the Mazda t.p.s upgrade from boost mini. I couldnt find .5 volts I don't know if I have the actuator arm In the wrong place or what.? It sweep tested fine. The lowest I could get it was like 1 or 2 volts. im going to mess with it more this weekend. its too damn cold out though. is your car up and going? I seen you were looking for a gas tank? there was one in the for sale section not too long ago.

I may get this other starion i know of it is a roller but completely solid and comes with a motor to put in it. its been garaged all its life. I may get it and put the motor im fixing up with head in that along with the other aftermarket parts get the silver one up and running sell it and just do what i want with this one. Im figuring i will save a ton of cash and time with this other one. The interior is in excellent shape no rust body is in great shape. Its not a SHP but i would just keep my shp rim and build that. Also it has a stand alone setup already in it. Most i have to do this is maybe a bit of paint and fix up the engine for it and fun time. And for a 1000 i cant go wrong good air dam and everything. Although its a 3 peice front air dam but hey for the price and what ill save in the long run i cant complain. I would like to get one of the carbon fiber front air dams anyway i seen on mookeh's site

Figuring mine would take a few grand to get it right before even moving on to the upgrading, So if i can save that kinda money it mean i can get into the play stuff sooner u get my drift

Edited by dukaine