Starion block maybe a dumb question.

Will a starion block mate up with a carb non turbo application? I know the blocks are the same but oil squirters are in the starion block right? Basically I have a few long blocks and have to replace the non turbo block and was hoping to use starion block with no problems. Little help?

The bare block, nothing inside is identical. The carb block doesn't have the oil squirters installed but can be tapped for it and is set up for it. (Can't see why using the oil squirters in a carb build isn't a great upgrade). You'll prob also have to use the oil cooler as taking the filter holder tube thing off the carb motor is difficult without breaking it.

Internals (crank, pistons, rings, oil pump...) and some externals (timing cover, oil pan, oil filter hookup...) are different

I took my montero block and slapped some turbo pistons and rings in and transfered quest turbo stuff on. Very trashy short term build and I don't recomend it... but proof that it all interchanges. Slap some 8:7 pistons in and the oil pump (or modify the turbo pickup tube) and its a carb motor.

A mazda b2600 87. I love the standard cab short box because they are just a square clean cut little truck. A weber and header has everything cleaned up in the engine bay and it's just a nice 4x4. But I suspect block is bad. Crack or something because I have coolant and oil mixing but I am very positive that it is not the new head or gasket. The block is old and has been thrashed

I plan on doing a starion / conquest as soon as I find some money. But for now it's mazda project. May do the turbo swap to this mazda pickup since it bolts the same.

Edited by B2600troll

Here's the thing. I bought my truck with a weber mechanical carb already installed. My friend Tai, whose on here, just picked up a stock Montero so next time I see him I'll take a few pics of the vacume set up. It looks absolutely terrifying and I can't even guarantee its run correctly as a few things in the wiring look to have been modded already ... but I'll try.

From what I know, the mikuni carbs are mostly plastic, and the secondary throttle plate is vacume controlled. In turn these carbs need to get rebuilt by now as the secondaries don't open and people blame the trucks for being powerless. The cost of a comercially rebuilt mikuni is like 300?

An idea... a weber costs a little more and with a wide band o2 sensor you can be done for 500. You'll be able to dial in the perfect jets. These carbs increase power and response and somehow increase mpg over the emissions based mikuni. Don't know how, but I was getting high 20s mpg on the highway and while pulling 33 tires.

I'd part ways with my weber since I went turbo fuel injected, but my girl doesn't trust my turbo swap skills and thinks I might have to carb it again for reliability reasons.

Oh, just re read that your considering turbo swap. Problem is the pistons are very differnt and it won't reallyy run a turbo setup with carb pistons... so if your low on cash like me, best decide which route you want to stick with as building an engine twice isn't cheap.