Dual e brakes

Stratos@285

Ok..I just purchased a 1987 starion recently with a v8 set up.why does it have 2 e brake handles..1 goes to a dual cable to rear brakes and the other 1 goes to a wilwood cylinder looking thing that connects to the master cylinder.what is the reason for having 2 emergency brake set ups?? I am putting a 383 stroker motor in it with a turbo 400..car is set up with a 6 point roll cage.right now it's a rolling shell I am working on a new sheetmetal dash and center console going to be wrapped with carbon fiber..I do have a pain free fuse box that will go to all the electrical with all aircraft toggle switches..I saw what convette did with his headlights..and I love them..I'm sorry man but I have to copy that..I am also considering making my own tail light set up with all recessed tail lights..anyway.whats up with the 2 emergency brake handles.Jim

That's pretty cool that it has that set up. If you have no intentions to drift, just remove the set up. You can alwayls sell it here to other members who do drift.

Or see how you can use it up front, I bet those Wilwoods have way better stopping power than our old 1 piston calipers.

I have seen illegal racing here..the kids call it drag and drift..they drag for 1/8 mile then immediately go to a drift..it looks really crazy..I was talking to one person that actually set up a windshield pump to his rear tires to spray bleach.makes for a real slippery drive and lots of smoke..he has a button that he presses and it purges bleach to the tires..through his wheelwell

I was talking to one person that actually set up a windshield pump to his rear tires to spray bleach.makes for a real slippery drive and lots of smoke..he has a button that he presses and it purges bleach to the tires..through his wheelwell

That's friggin' crazy!!!