Just Another Newb :-)

Frendlyfyre

Hello fellow Starquesters! My name is Ryan and I have just purchased my first Conquest. Its an 87 TSI, was originally red...but has been painted blue by an amateur which I will be correcting as soon as I get the mechanicals straightened out. By no means my first or only car...but ive always liked the look of these cars and finally got mine. I do want to mod it up to around 350 whp or so and will be scouring these pages in hopes of finding my path.:-) Obviously any help will be greatly appreciated.

welcome to the boards----don't do a single modification until its running like new in its factory state------some of the most tempermental cars I have ever worked on

gig out

TrueDat... & welcome! I was just about to give the same advice, as it seems as though once someone acquires (1) of beauties it's "off to the modd'n." & unfortunately... (not always, but more times than not) it becomes an issue! Again welcome! ;)

Welcome!

Safety first, check your fuel hoses and brake lines. Inspect for cracks leaks or any damage.

Check all your fluid levels: oil, coolant, power steering, brake, clutch(manual) transimmision(automatic).

Then comes a basic tune up...