Lowering springs?

BC_99

So I decided to start stripping an old spare set of front spindles/struts down, so that I can start assembling my D2s. They were an old set of SHP's that had been re-inserted and the adjustment knob had been patched over. Well I pulled these crusty things off of the shelf and started taking them apart and found a few surprises. The springs are a metallic charcoal gray color. I am guessing they are some aftermarket spring but I am not sure. Any ideas?

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/BC_99/20130908_170201_zpsa19eedff.jpg

After I got the springs out, I noticed that the strut inserts weren't seated all the way into the housing. They were screwed in almost all of the way but there was a small gap on each between the hex flange of the insert and the housing. So I clamped them into my vise and started spinning them out and pulled these out.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/BC_99/20130908_170214_zpsb8c53a87.jpg

Unfortunately, one of them is blown, I think. I can compress it but it doesn't extend back. :(

Any thoughts about these springs and strut inserts? Anyone want or need them for spares? PM me and we can make a deal as I have no use for them, and would be happy to help someone out that needed them.

BC_99

Eibach springs were similar to the color you describe. Very awesome that someone was able to get the Tokico inserts in rear housings. Im still curious how the top threaded portion of the strut mates with the strut mount.

And yes, if the strut wont return to the top(rebound) it is shot.

Eibach springs were similar to the color you describe. Very awesome that someone was able to get the Tokico inserts in rear housings. Im still curious how the top threaded portion of the strut mates with the strut mount.

And yes, if the strut wont return to the top(rebound) it is shot.

Did I miss something? His post said he was tearing down a set of fronts

• 4 weeks later...