Ran into a little bad luck. Where to go from here?

So I had a secondary injector stick wide open on me. Caused her to die and had to be towed. After I diagnosed the issue I went to the boards and thanks to BOSTON overnighting me one at a more than fair price I was back in business after a few spill and fills of the oil then a filter change I took her back out for a test drive. Got about a mile down the road, heard a metallic noise and she stopped making boost. Limped her back, removed the charge pipe and found the compressor side of the turbo dug into by the impeller shaft. It happens I know but DAMN!!!!!!! I have another used stock turbo In the interim (have to rob it from my multiport project) but where should I go with buying a new one? I was looking at TEP's t3/t4 with ball bearing upgrade. Any suggestions from you guys out there that have upgraded your hair driers? Thanks for any and all input.

Nolan

That TEP turbo is WAY overpriced. If you are looking to go with a T3 you can get an adapter for the stock manifold for under $50. Then just bolt on your turbo. Youll have to finagle with the piping but wellworth it. Mitsu bolton turbo's are just too pricey for what you get.

yeah either do what Phil said or get a Treadstone T3 manifold if you don't mind modifying a few things (downpipe and intercooler piping). A moderately sized T3 turbine will do wonders for the car.

check the forums for turbo upgrades some people have done a ebay t3/t4 setup for under $300 with the adapter flange and every thing ready to go in your car been thinking of doing it my self but my car isnt ready for more boost yet she need some love before i can turn up the boost

Guys thanks for all the input. And Phil I agree that the TEP kit is more than overpriced. I def respect your opinion! I just don't want to put a junk turbo on. I have gone through 2 stock turbos in 2 days and I am more than frustrated. So after reading all of the comments and texting everyone i know in the auto industry A friend of a friend sold me a 16g turbo today and i made a hybrid turbo by porting out one of the stock exhaust housings so the turbine will fit the conquest snail shell and will bolt to the stock manifold. I also got a t3 Ball bearing garret turbo brand new from the same guy. Paid $550 total. Hopefully I have better luck moving forward. Thanks for being my voice of reason guys!!! Installing the 16g tomorrow on my dd. keeping the garret for my multiport project. I'll keep you posted!

I recently picked up a parts car wit a 16g setup on it. I'd like to know how this goes.. How much boost will it make? Did it spool up pretty quick?