Drift-3 Out soon

Cloud81918

Dan and Ernie are local heros here in Albuquerque. Dan lives down the street from me and pushes me to get the Conquest out to drift events about once a month.

They had a bunch of places in the city blocked off for this video. Last time I talked to Dan I asked him about Drift 3. I had seen tire marks on a roadthe leads to our large concert venue and was wondering if it was them. He said it was and the video would be out in a couple of weeks. Here is a little trailer. This one should should be a lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOJ26S8e2IQ

Edited by Cloud81918

Certainly not the plan. Drift cars tend to get used a bit too hard. But I will make it out to play at some point before the exterior gets a repaint. I'm building the car to have fun with on the street and autocrossing, I don't push things in cars this hard to find parts for. Abuse is what Saturns and Subarus are for.

Yeah, he drove the Cobra after the V8 RX-7 got crunched. The RX-7 had been painted and prepped, then it got stuffed in competition. The Mustang was prepped in just a week or 2. Bought from a local guy. The guy had brought it to a drift event and when the RX went south Carcrafters owner (driver from Drift 1) made an offer on the Termi-Cobra. The owner was suppose to drive it, but was injured from the RX crash so Dan drive it instead.

I haven't ever asked him about the Mustang. Being that is wasn't his and it opened a great door for him that is still open not certain he wants to be dumping on the car. It got the job done. The car went on to competition drifting. Not sure where it is now. It had to have its door repainted. Last I saw pictures of it said "Security".

Dan at a local car show again with my son.

408815_387690144580075_2066103828_n.jpg

Edited by Cloud81918

Dan is hilarious in person, great guy. I really miss the people and the scene down there.

From what I recall Dan saying about the Termi, no matter what he did or what changes they made to the rear suspension, if you even thought about lifting the throttle it would straighten back out. Garbage tires, sticky tires, positive or negative camber, extreme toe angles, it just wanted to push too hard if you weren't flat-out all the time. The power was simple, just a bigger pulley, bigger a2w cooler, and a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump wired in. They had the entire Maximum Motorsports catalog under that car [the stuff under that car is what steered me toward SN95 stuff in my Starion].

If I remember right, Jim Guthrie's boy [Jim owns Car Crafters] picked up the Cobra at auction for dirt cheap, fixed some body and front end damage and tried it out, then they built the car into the monster it ended up being after the LSx FD got trashed. I've still got videos on my phone from a few events out at then Sandia Speedway [now Napa Speedway] when the Cobra had just finished being built. The sound is intense.

Dan is hilarious in person, great guy. I really miss the people and the scene down there.

From what I recall Dan saying about the Termi, no matter what he did or what changes they made to the rear suspension, if you even thought about lifting the throttle it would straighten back out. Garbage tires, sticky tires, positive or negative camber, extreme toe angles, it just wanted to push too hard if you weren't flat-out all the time. The power was simple, just a bigger pulley, bigger a2w cooler, and a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump wired in. They had the entire Maximum Motorsports catalog under that car [the stuff under that car is what steered me toward SN95 stuff in my Starion].

If I remember right, Jim Guthrie's boy [Jim owns Car Crafters] picked up the Cobra at auction for dirt cheap, fixed some body and front end damage and tried it out, then they built the car into the monster it ended up being after the LSx FD got trashed. I've still got videos on my phone from a few events out at then Sandia Speedway [now Napa Speedway] when the Cobra had just finished being built. The sound is intense.

You may be right on how the Cobra ended up in their hands, I just knew it wasn't Jim's that first time it showed up at Sandia. Yeah I wasn't saying names be cause I don't know him from anything but passing conversations.

Monster Corvette from that latest film showed up at Cars and Coffee this morning.

1025478_686014668080953_426276477_o.jpg

1039811_686014631414290_746938385_o.jpg

Edited by Cloud81918