Modified 1987 Atlantic Blue Conquest

Marker1989

I am considering selling my 1987 Atlantic Blue Quest. The chassis itself has over 330,000 miles, the engine has no more than 5,000 miles, and the transmission has around 105,000 miles on it. I machined and assembled the engine myself at school (School of Automotive Machinists). The block was magna fluxed, deck surfaced, line honed of the mains, and diamond honed of the cylinders. The engine consists of a ported M28 head casting, Schneider HD valve springs, new hydraulic lifters, ARP head studs and Ajusa metal head gasket, custom 8.5:1 Wiseco pistons with skirt coating (.010 overbore), race prepped and cryo'd stock rods with ARP bolts, polished virgin crankshaft, BSEK, all new bearings, new timing components, ported and stress relieved turbo manifold, 16G in a 12a housing with a ported turbine housing. The other mods on the car include Competition Clutch stage 4 clutch and lightened flywheel, turbo back HKS exhaust, Stedebani short shifter, OVC hard pipe with TurboXS blow off valve, 88-89 ECU, Trilogy fuel injectors, and a cheap manual boost controller, ABS delete, and an MSD coil. The car also has a newer Mitsubishi remanufactured alternator. The car will come with an HX35 turbo that could use a new compressor wheel, brand new ceramic coated tubular T3 manifold, AEM Failsafe guage (displays wideband and boost simultaneously), MSD 6AL box with 2-step module and RPM dial adjuster. The car has a pretty decent interior but the exterior could use some work, the paint is faded a decent amount. The car needs new rear tires. The front crossmemeber should be replaced and I have a good one to go with the car, it got mangled by a curb a little while back but the car still drives straight even with the bent one in it now. The radio doesn't work, I think it just needs power hooked up to it but I haven't checked into it. There is an amp under each front seat and I also have 2 new Kenwood speakers for the rear that go with the car. The blower motor needs to be put back in the car for the heat to work, there is no A/C in the car. The speedometer doesn't work, I replaced the broken speedo cable but it still isn't working, the connector on the trans may just need a simple adjustment. The rear diff mounts and U joints are worn out but I have mounts and a driveshaft out of my old 99,000 mile car to go with it. There is a small area of rust on the lower corner of the wheel arch behind the driver side rear tire. I believe that is all the issues the car has, I have driven it without any other issues since I built and installed the engine. I am only the 4th owner of the car.

I'd like to get $4,000 for it all. That can be negotiable depending on which extra parts go with the car.

http://i49.tinypic.com/av5tx.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lnvi3m.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/21c5ssp.jpg

Edited by Marker1989

I also forgot, it has a rear main seal leak. My dumba** must have installed the seal dry, but I have never let the engine run low on oil. It leaks about a quart per oil change.

Edit- As of September the rear main seal seems to have stopped leaking

I want to keep this car around the community so please don't make me resort to Craigslist lol. I will continue to work on the big turbo MPI setup and everything else if it doesn't sell soon.

Edited by Marker1989

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought some XXR 521 18x10 wheels with Continental tires on them and a larger intercooler and piping for the car. The car is still for sale, I'll take $2,500 for just the running car if that's all somebody is interested in.

Edit- sold the XXR rims

Edited by Marker1989

• 3 months later...

Bump. Car now has HX35 on it in running condition. As of right now it needs a wastegate dump tube made, the AEM Failsafe wideband/boost gauge installed, and a little tuning on the MAF-T. Stuff that I bought to complete the turbo swap includes Tial 38mm watsegate, CMS large FMIC, custom 3" downpipe, MAF-T and sensor, AEM Failsafe wideband/boost gauge.

$3,500 as it sits.. I just don't have the time to mess with it anymore.

http://i39.tinypic.com/b80osx.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/den3x4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...