87 Quest, 55K miles

Dartomotive

Selling the Conquest. $6K. See Next e=mail for Pics. Located in South Jersey. Sewell

It up to 55K miles now. Used as a daily driver since June. Very nice car, great leather. Exterior has some stone chips, water spots, little door dings. Putting a new AC compressor in it next week. It did not have working AC when I got it. All original right down to the stock floor mats. NO turbo mods, engine work, Bone stock.

+s = use it almost every day. 5 speed. Low miles. Bone stock. New tires, Full documented PM, I have all the factory manuals. New air dam. Decent gas mileage.

-s, some minor paint flaws. Cassette does not work in the stock radio. Power Antenna was broken off when I got it. I have a Rock auto new one in the box. Crusie control does not work.

PM me if interested.

Edited by Dartomotive

Here's some pics.

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj486/dartomotive/NewSpoiler.jpg http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj486/dartomotive/DSCN0171.jpg http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj486/dartomotive/MotorRight1st.jpg

Edited by Dartomotive

are you serious about selling this car, this time? if you are PM me and I am willing to make a cash offer. thank you

First time this car has ever been listed for sale. I just bought a new old car.

Edited by Dartomotive

• 1 month later...
I hate selling cars. Some DingDong just e-mailed me with an insult. Reminded me that this is not Barrett Jackson (Craig's list), and told me what my car should be going for. I can see this is going to be alot of fun. Wasn't someone on here I hope. Most of the posts I seen since being on here, have been positive, and even on the classier side.

that is a lot of money for a not so perfect Conquest, since you still have it, indicates to me that you have not hit what you think it should bring. You then have to ask yourself if it will sell and sell for what you want it too. I offered what I thought the car was worth, and hopefully that was not an insult but if it had working cruise control, cassette player and antenna issue worked out then naturally it would bring more money. I bought 2 Starquests and never gave over 3 grand for any of them. Hell classic muscle cars are selling for 8-20 grand cash and they were 50-60 thousand dollar cars a few years ago. As I know for turning down a pretty good offer for one of my cars there will probably come to a point of whether you need to decide if you really want to sell it, or just keep it? Edited by TSIboostman

I hate selling cars. Some DingDong just e-mailed me with an insult. Reminded me that this is not Barrett Jackson (Craig's list), and told me what my car should be going for. I can see this is going to be alot of fun. Wasn't someone on here I hope. Most of the posts I seen since being on here, have been positive, and even on the classier side.

I wouldnt get too bent out of shape about it. Boostman has been on here for probably over a year lowballing people's threads and talking about what other awesome cars you can buy for the same money a nice conquest goes for. Sounds like if these nicely kept low mileage cars were only worth 3,000 he would have had no trouble buying one by now :)

Its a beautiful car, and if someone is looking for a nice, stock, low mileage example, I think that yours would be hard to beat. GLWS.

Oh and Boostman, I'm no muscle car guy, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that you can purchase a show-quality, numbers matching muscle car for 80% off of what it was going for a few years back.

Edited by FijiPhil

I wouldnt get too bent out of shape about it. Boostman has been on here for probably over a year lowballing people's threads and talking about what other awesome cars you can buy for the same money a nice conquest goes for. Sounds like if these nicely kept low mileage cars were only worth 3,000 he would have had no trouble buying one by now :)

Its a beautiful car, and if someone is looking for a nice, stock, low mileage example, I think that yours would be hard to beat. GLWS.

Oh and Boostman, I'm no muscle car guy, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that you can purchase a show-quality, numbers matching muscle car for 80% off of what it was going for a few years back.

That is why I think he should keep it, it means more to him obviously than the people who have been making offers on it. good luck with the sell.

I believe your price is right on par for where our cars should be going. These are niche cars that are gaining in popularity. I like them because they cater to sports car fan as well as true musclecar guys. When I had the San Mairino I got nothing but compliments from guys at shows with mine. Hell when I went to the mopar nationals with it on I had people following me thru the parking lot as I drove in. In a land of superbirds and Hemi Cudas mine stood out as something different, was pretty cool. I got rid of my last conquest and replaced it with a 72 Roadrunner and you know what... I miss my Conquest, I didnt see that coming. A rust free original car should bring good money, if this had a sunroof it would go on my short list as it is identicle to my first one I bought many moons ago.

I believe your price is right on par for where our cars should be going. These are niche cars that are gaining in popularity. I like them because they cater to sports car fan as well as true musclecar guys. When I had the San Mairino I got nothing but compliments from guys at shows with mine. Hell when I went to the mopar nationals with it on I had people following me thru the parking lot as I drove in. In a land of superbirds and Hemi Cudas mine stood out as something different, was pretty cool. I got rid of my last conquest and replaced it with a 72 Roadrunner and you know what... I miss my Conquest, I didnt see that coming. A rust free original car should bring good money, if this had a sunroof it would go on my short list as it is identicle to my first one I bought many moons ago.

Andy, I get the same reaction when I bring it out to the local burger joint / Hooters car shows. I am struggling with this sale. I will miss it if it goes. & I really like this site too.

Thanks. V8s though. I think that's cool. One I'll never forget is the one in NJ with a 340 in it. Conquistador. Fuji Blue. Awesome. There's pics on this site of it.

Thanks. V8s though. I think that's cool. One I'll never forget is the one in NJ with a 340 in it. Conquistador. Fuji Blue. Awesome. There's pics on this site of it.

very familiar with that quest, it's the culprit that motivated me to do a MOPAR swap on one of these cars. original plan was to do the swap on this one

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/Blue%2088%20SHP/9-16018.jpg

Fiji FTMFW

you can check the V8 car on FABO Moparbishi thread ;)

yet another free bump :lol:

This ^^^ Andy is right , at the recent "Mopars at the Strip" event in Vegas not one but TWO Conquests won trophies(one a first place popular choice) in amongst all the "muscle" , your asking price is fair but doubt you'll find another like it , that's a true "time warp" example right there and i'm sure a fun car to drive . :) Edited by SOTTY

Very nice car. You're right about it being a niche market for these cars, but a low mileage/unmolested example to me is way more desireable than something that has been tinkered with. For what it's worth, may think about listing it in Hemmings Motor news. I have seen a few on there in the past that had an asking price of upwards of 10K.

As far as a fair price on a used car, it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I would also say usually you get what you pay for and the difference in a $6k starquest and a $3k starquest would mostly be made up in time and parts on getting a car to where you think it should be.

I am thinking these cars new were 15-17k or so. A comparable car now a days would probably be in the 30k and up neighborhood.

I bought mine as a fixer upper about 6 months ago and I am still in fixer upper mode. Would have been nice to have gone ahead and sought out a nicer untampered with example. Unfortunately at the time I had little knowledge of this site or the time an effort of troubleshooting and finding parts for these cars. It's been a valuable experience though.

I had a guy (Vince) show up this AM, and he didn't really know what a Conquest was. But he talked like he knew about them. It was only what he read yesterday looking on the net. He was an older guy, 60ish. Looking for a relatively low mileage Sports car, to have fun with, that didn't need a of work. So I took him out.

He wanted me to drive. He asked to turn off the AC and the Radio to see what the car sounded like. So I drove thru town some, nice and slow. Showed him it stops straight, by letting off the wheel, and hitting the brakes a little hard.

Then we went outta town. I took him on Salina road our " Snake Road" Before we got to the curves, I calmly told him there is a handle on the door if you need to hold on to something. "Na I'm good" I blasted thru the 25 mile hour turns at 60ish. He had one hand on that handle and the other on the ceiling. I could tell by the look on his face he's never been in anything like that. Vince, looked like he ahd to change his Depends. That was fun, and what Conquests are really for.