Tranny Gear Oil QTs and Vibration

flatty86

Waddup Guys

I just intalled a used manual transmission and it seem s to shift well, But say I let off the gas in any gear, I hear like a loud vibration sounds that sounds like its either coming from the Rear or theTranny itself. I'm not sure if I put in enough gear oil... I mean I filled it and then let the oil come out until the oil was leveled with the drain plug..

I mean was that the correct thing to do? And where else can this vibration be coming from? Driveshaft has been changed and the the replaces the tranny mounts with brand new ones.

I hope I didnt get a hold of a bad transission.

By the way... I now have a flatty with a 88 89 lightned flywheel, 240mm clutch pressure plate, throwout bearing. all intercooled parts with the intercolled throwout bearing.... If this all makes a diffrence.

How many qt.should out Manual trannys take?

Thanks for your continued help on this project of mines,

if you only hear it on decel it doesnt seem like it would be a fluid issue. The pump is on the input shaft. Do you feel the vibration through the shifter? Can you explain it a bit more? there are lots of heat shields and things like that in that area that could have been damaged during install and be making noise.

Does it make the same sound in every gear? RPM based?

ok....I cant really explain it... The shifter is not vibrating or anything lik that..The noise /vibration only only happens when I let off the gas in 3rd 4th and 5th gear.... (the noise is the loudest in 4th gear )The noise/vibration stops if I put the car in neutral.

@Diehard I will inspec that when i get home.... Thanks guys for your help.... Did i install the gear oil correctly?

I would think that you should be fine on fluid, as that's kind of a hard one to mess up. Just fill it till it is full to the fill plug on the side of the tranny. Maybe check to see if the drive shaft rotates excessively when parked and in gear