88 Conquest Tsi New Owner

Jrred23

Alright i have finally made it to fully be active in this web site thanks RCM for the help.,. I own a bannana as most of you all call it its a 88 conquest automatic w/sunroof..,., i am excited to finally own one i have liked these cars since i was 16.,., i am still undecided on which route i want to take as far as either going mpi, doing a 2jz swap or a 5.0 swap.,., i thought i had my mind made up on a 2jz swap but the idea of keeping the 2.6 and going mpi also sounds like a good idea.,., im going to be doing alot of research and buying of parts lol..,

Problems im having right now:

Car wont start (drove it home after buying)

when running the car wouldnt rev up quick at all and wouldnt go above 2.5k.

Wouldnt go into OD

Smell fuel possible bad injectors and clips.,

Corroded fuesable links

MIssing a few stock items under the hood and wires that were cut and not sure of where it goes.,.,

Paint is not the factory yellow,.,

Also when started to take things apart the day after i bought the car .,.,i started to look into the car i found a full size tshirt shoved into the intake.,., and pretty sure the intake that was in there was the stock one from 88 *IOl**

The Good.,.,

Body is straight

Still have the stock wheels

Interior is in mint conditoin minus the seats

Even with the car running or not *at the moment* its still what i was looking for and looking to build in the near future.,.,

they have some electronic parts cleaner to clean the mas air-flow & sensors, then spray the conector with some sylicone before reconecting to help with the connection' it worked for me. good luck.

Thanks for the help and welcoming me .,., i got along ways and a few parts i need to get the engine bay back to stock.,. the t-shirt i wish had some funny print it might of lightened the mood rather than me being like "what f*c*ing idiot decided a shirt would help air flow"

• 3 months later...
my 2 cents thats prob only worth a penny is do the 5.0. they drop right in, run forever, cheap plentiful parts and have a huge aftermarket. the 5.0 trans are a weak link but if you get a good one treat it like a old lady and it'll last. im doing a chevy lt1 4l60e because i was able to get the combo for 300 and the seller let me take my time and take everything off the car i wanted. i've had to fab and mod almost everything. i dont mind and the fact that i work at a fab shop helps. the best advice i can give is whatever you decide is to read the hell out of this site! my projects not done but i could have been further along had i not bumped my head with issues that members had already solved. good luck!