Bucks under WOT

traps

we tested vac to see if it would close and also if while driving it acted different. We only do test runs in front of mechanics street and then hooked it back up. we have tapped and giggled almost every friggin wire it seems....at first we thought it was the ecu cause i would hit it to start. We have followed the wires to the ignitor bos as in it has power in and no power out to ignition. Got a good box ?LOL cause a knew one from american standard was 350. i can't just throw out 350 to see if it fixes the problem right now. I would buy a used one....

we tested vac to see if it would close and also if while driving it acted different. We only do test runs in front of mechanics street and then hooked it back up. we have tapped and giggled almost every friggin wire it seems....at first we thought it was the ecu cause i would hit it to start. We have followed the wires to the ignitor bos as in it has power in and no power out to ignition. Got a good box ?LOL cause a knew one from american standard was 350. i can't just throw out 350 to see if it fixes the problem right now. I would buy a used one....

looks like you have a 87 or older, so you have the black plastic box. i got one sliding around in my trunk (my car is a 88 so i dont know why its back there) however i have no way to test it.

check your ECI and Ignition fusable links first, as one will not let it start

Brand new Fusible link box and fuses...got em from dad a year ago and they have only been is service for 6 months before build. I guess I am on the search of a ign box -_- too bad ya don't know why ya got an 87 lol

I will say it one more time, I had that problem last week, I tested the distributor pickup and it was at 1180 ohms, specs are 920-1120.. somehow it was still running, so I changed it anyway.. and I no longer have a weak spark, take five minutes and check it instead of $500 and five days avoiding doing the simple tests the FSM tells you to do.. Edited by The Rabbit1

Rabbit-So the FMS has a diagnostic for the pick up? gotta get me one!

Skull lets do it whatcha want for it. You cant use it on your car anyways correct?

Rabit ya got it.

Check this crap out ya'll.....my mechanic told me tonight and this he found "funny" they drove my car in reverse and it boosted and didn't backfire! Jokingly they said they would turn the body around, it would give me a lefty driver and a front wheel drive like a true jap car......not funny....I want 4 more gears lol. This does sound odd, they said they have a spare coil a jacobs in the garage and they are going to check it just in case. he said the Blaster coils are known at times to crap out even when they are fairly knew, who knows we shakll see and also saw some smoke coming from fusible box. so a wire is getting hot....amps vs volts all that electrical crap so something is really drawing the heat from a bad connection . I can update more tomorrow hopefuly but still grabbin a knock box in case

My mechanic just wanted to rule out coil. He texted me to still acquire a ign box. Still waiting on an ignitor box...... Edited by traps

gonna try and get that sent to you today :)

You da man make it happen and we will get square with it if it works. Straight Jonsin' to drive my POS, last two days it has gone down to the 60's at night. I kept thinking it's gunna be cold intercooler time and then they forecast 97 for today :wacko: Yep good ol south Texas heat.

• 2 weeks later...
BOOM! fixed with a knock box from Skull! vrooom vroom......pulls so hard I gotta buy a new clutch or get the flywheel resurfaced Edited by traps