rubber or poly for suspension bushings?

Lance_S

Thinking about redoing all my suspension bushings. Need an alignment but don't want to do them on tired bushings.

I have replaced all the mounts with rubber as I didn't want the mechanical noise you get with the poly bushings but for suspension I am wondering if there are any down sides?

I would be replacing the front lower control arm bushing and the rear bushings A,B and C.

Planning on dropping the whole rear so I will change out the rear bushing D as well. That one I might go rubber with to avoid noise transfer.

I checked on rock auto but they only list having one bushing so i would appreciate any help in finding a complete set.

Thanks,

Lance

I had two suspension professional friends do my poly install, and they said there are only certain parts that get greased. Others should be left dry or the bushing will not stay where it should, thus providing less/improper handling and it will wear out quicker too. They also said it will start squeaking earlier if you try to grease everything.

It really depends on what you want from the car. If you like the OEM luxury sport style of ride and cornering, go with rubber. If you don't like the poly mounts, you might not like the bushings either.

Tim,

You may be right. My thought on the bushings was that they wouldn't transfer vibration nearly as much to the body as the engine mounts would. I want a very tight handling car with accurate steering but I don't want the mechanical vibration that everyone has complained about with poly engine mounts. So I guess I will try the poly bushings and stick with the rubber mounts for the engine, tranny, torque tube and dif.

Thinking about redoing all my suspension bushings. Need an alignment but don't want to do them on tired bushings.

I have replaced all the mounts with rubber as I didn't want the mechanical noise you get with the poly bushings but for suspension I am wondering if there are any down sides?

I would be replacing the front lower control arm bushing and the rear bushings A,B and C.

Planning on dropping the whole rear so I will change out the rear bushing D as well. That one I might go rubber with to avoid noise transfer.

I checked on rock auto but they only list having one bushing so i would appreciate any help in finding a complete set.

Thanks,

Lance

Whiteline makes an excellent kit for these cars---all the rear bushings are 2 piece design makeing it very easy to install---no squeaks or moans like poly---

gig out