Switched 12v for fuel pump?

I was looking for a switched source to hook up a relay. I used the cig lighter hot wire. It is switched. I used that to trigger the relay. A round male terminal fits nicely into the stock harness with a little snugging. Pull the HVAC controller and computer out to access it unless you can get the lighter socket out.

I was looking for a switched source to hook up a relay. I used the cig lighter hot wire. It is switched. I used that to trigger the relay. A round male terminal fits nicely into the stock harness with a little snugging. Pull the HVAC controller and computer out to access it unless you can get the lighter socket out.

That sounds like a good idea.

Just like badazz said the cig lighter is a great place to get switched positive for gauges or anything you need switched 12v for. You just need one of these.http://www.ecolightled.com/images/uploads/bullet_connectors_male_red_500.jpg

I have searched for a while and can not seem to find a place in the cab to tie in the switched 12v for the fuel pump. My stock ecu wiring harness is long gone otherwise I would use the test port. Thanks in advance for the help!

You can use the stock main relay, triggered by the ecu, to run the fuel pump.

Someone didn't read the complete post... :)

You should add a switched "SPDT" relay from that source to your fuel pump to avoid adding any significant additional load on that circuit. The switched relays only draw about half an amp and the current is only used to trigger the relay to send power through the circuit, which would come from a direct battery connection or equivalent. Edited by CaliConquestAlex