need help

claurance2

I swapped turbos to get my 18g rebuilt. I put a 12a on take it for spin and as soon as it goes into boost it's feels like something is stopping the turbo from boosting. I put the 18g back on and the same thing is happening. Now before i even swapped the turbos i didn't have this problem. I've checked all the hoses,vacuum lines,injectors and connectors,bov and nothing seems wrong. Got me scratching my head. Any ideas

Ok so i'm still trying to trace this issue. It's on and off now. I can shift 1st and 2nd with no issues then shift 3rd and soon as boost hits it starts again. Then sometimes it doesn't do it at all through all the gears. My afr is in the ideal range in boost. It's got me leaning toward the secondary injector from the noise it makes. I need some suggestions.

Double check your air linlet hose to the turbo from the air filter can...ensure it is clear and the seal did not get sucked into the turbo. Also make sure your waste gate actuator is not binding agains the water line from an improper istallation.

Double check your air linlet hose to the turbo from the air filter can...ensure it is clear and the seal did not get sucked into the turbo. Also make sure your waste gate actuator is not binding agains the water line from an improper istallation.

Thanks i'll check that out. The mas is good and sealed.

I ckecked the timing today with the timing light. When i removed vac line from the dizzy and plugged it there was no change in the timing or idle it stayed the same. I'm thinking this might be the source of the issues. Any advice on the dizzy rebuild with a new vac advance. New territory for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok after checking everything i could think of and being frustrated i found the problem. Always something simple the coil was bad. I bought a blaster 2 yesterday and installed it and let it run alittle. Now it's running so smooth now. If i hadn't installed a bad coil before i would have never thought to check it out. Always a learning experience.

• 4 weeks later...