FEEDBACK, LEAVE IT

19cturbo

sorry you feel that way but i'm just as alow'd to have my opnion as you are yours , live with it

Your going to get a pm from me later man , did you actually read what myself and others wrote in this thread ?

i've been reading this forum for over 14 years . how long you been reading it .

and to answer you question yes i read every reply , but that don't mean i have to agree with all or any one reply ,

and if i did that still does not mean i can't have a diff opnion

and why am i not alow'd to have an opnion that differs from yours ?

i never said no one could not leave favorable coments on a transaction , but fishing for compliments on each and every sale is over kill ,, sounds more like some one makeing a bussiness out of parting out these cars not helping keep them on the road .

i say that with out refering to any one in perticular but in general

So where's my wonderful feedback thread for being a "great buyer"?? Why isn't there a post every time I buy something from someone and send payment in a timely manner, without a bunch of excuses and without trying to screw the seller??

If we're gonna treat this site like Ebay, then we might as well do it from both sides.

I personally agree with Shelby on this. (and yes, I'm a mod)

If I have an issue when buying something from a member here, then I contact the member personally.

If I have doubts about the person selling the item, then I just don't buy it.

If the transaction goes smoothly, then I get my part and go on about my life.

USPS, UPS and FED EX all offer services that can solve all other issues from the time the part leaves the seller, until it reaches the buyer. Hell, they can even tell you the exact time that it arrived at the buyer's home.

Between working 2 (sometimes 3) jobs, keeping a relationship together, keeping 6 vehicles on the road, and dealing with anything else that life tries to throw my way, I can honestly say that making a post to say that someone properly did the job, they were supposed to do in the first place, isn't really high on my priority list.

If buyer feedback is really that important, then you're probably better off taking your parts to Ebay.

So where's my wonderful feedback thread for being a "great buyer"?? Why isn't there a post every time I buy something from someone and send payment in a timely manner, without a bunch of excuses and without trying to screw the seller??

If we're gonna treat this site like Ebay, then we might as well do it from both sides.

I personally agree with Shelby on this. (and yes, I'm a mod)

If I have an issue when buying something from a member here, then I contact the member personally.

If I have doubts about the person selling the item, then I just don't buy it.

If the transaction goes smoothly, then I get my part and go on about my life.

USPS, UPS and FED EX all offer services that can solve all other issues from the time the part leaves the seller, until it reaches the buyer. Hell, they can even tell you the exact time that it arrived at the buyer's home.

Between working 2 (sometimes 3) jobs, keeping a relationship together, keeping 6 vehicles on the road, and dealing with anything else that life tries to throw my way, I can honestly say that making a post to say that someone properly did the job, they were supposed to do in the first place, isn't really high on my priority list.

If buyer feedback is really that important, then you're probably better off taking your parts to Ebay.

You forgot to add "spending a large chunk of my life on SQC chat" let me fix that for you. :)

Sotty first off neather Taz or my self have to justify our being here or being a mod to you , our help has always come FREE OF CHARGE ,

i get the inmpression that your help comes with a price tag and thats fine but the point of this site being here is not to make money off of it's members but to offer info and help free of charge not as a operateing store for full time parts sellers .

now if that impression is wrong , sorry but please explain your sensitivity about geting feed back on every sale

i will confess i'm not a steady follower of the for sale forum so you may be the #1 seller for all i know , but if that is so then people already know what type of seller you are

First off Shelby it costs me $2800 per annum to store these parts cars in a yard i've had for many years, sales of parts go towards paying storage , another small amount goes towards putting on the Mesquite meet for people just like you , i fund the rest of the meet costs out of my own pocket ,i simply couldn't afford to do Mesquite again this year the $ are not available hence why no Mesquite 2012 , to say i make money out these guys is totally ridiculous , i've given away more parts over the years than what ive sold , i'm not a vendor , just a guy who bought a lot of these cars up in order to keep others running now that ive built all the SQS i'm ever going to i now focus on helping others , your statement that i make money out of this is so far from truth , like 8 football fields long off , i never have or ever will make ANY kind of profit selling parts for these cars , to store them alone costs more than what i make off it however i'd rather continue to pay the storage fees than send them off to a scrapyard and continue helping another owner find that missing part , as for a full time parts seller ?, yea right man , i run a flooring business here , my main priority is keeping my staff gainfully employed , at times these SQ guys have to wait a bit to receive that part they need and that i do apoligize for , shipping out times vary from fast to when i get a free and very limited minute to do so.

I know a few guys around the country who do what i do and they to have read your comments from yesterday , i would be breaking forum language barriers and guidelines to put in writing their thoughts on the subject , i've said all i'm going to say on the subject , it's obvious i'm talking to a brick wall or two . Scotty Gibb

ok lets get some thing straight ,,you guys need to lay off he's picking on ME ,, if any one brought up you it was your self ,

personaly i could care less what you do

as to this > I know a few guys around the country who do what i do and they to have read your comments from yesterday , i would be breaking forum language barriers and guidelines to put in writing their thoughts on the subject , i've said all i'm going to say on the subject , it's obvious i'm talking to a brick wall or two . Scotty Gibb

no your not talking to a brick wall , I AM , once more where do you get off thinking i am not alow'd to have my own opnions , let

me tell you i have paid my dues more then once and earn'd the right to speak my mind and form any opnion i want ,,

no where or at any time did i say one thing about you personaly or what you do or don't do .

but you repeatdly keep takeing pot shots at me ,,enought already

In response to Scotty making money off of us Starquesters, i can vouch to the fact he gives alot of parts away free of charge, or will front you the part and take payment later. Int he time ive known Mr. Gibb dude has bent over backwards to help me keep my turbo turd on the road. prime example was when i hooked my cruise control up since it never was when i took ownership of the car, the actuator stuck and sent my car to full boost hauling butt down the freeway and to keep from slamming into the car infront of me, pulled the trans to neutral and the engine almost immediately spun to 7k spining a rod bearing. Scotty gave me the key to his yard full of starquests, told me wich cars had good running engines and to help myself. i mean really, who else does that????? not to mention some of the other parts he hooked me up with over the years. Feedback is for good AND bad transactions. it lets us know whos a total doucher and scam artist, and who are stand up ppl who are just trying to help us all keep our cars on the road. theres nothing wrong with making a couple extra bucks here and there, most of us sell parts we arent using for what we paid for em so theres really no profit to be had. leaving feedback benifits us ALL as a community, good or bad plain and simple, and it is god manners a decentcy to leave feedback for ppl who have takin time out of there lives to assist YOU the buyer for parts. Sellers should also leave feedback to let us know whos a dead beat buyer and whos not, who is a total pain in the butt to sell to and whos not. Its just benificial. Im curious to know who actually drives thier Starquest on a regular and who doesnt ???? further more who actually still currently owns one of these beauties and who doesnt, but is still around to stir up crap and run mouths???????
  • Like 1

^ Wow it's the Grysmnky posting on SQC ! , something he seldom does , hope your doing good man and the car running strong , as for opinions Shelby , of course you entitled to it and well you know what they say ," opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one " ;) Edited by SOTTY
  • Like 1