whats the deal with these parts

so i have two accordian hoses. one has a hose that is tied back into the intake but on the other it has the nipple and the hole near the turbo but no hole on the bottom like the other. whats the deal?

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n543/spoolinfoolin/2012-05-17_18-32-15_667.jpg

One on the left is from a later model car, 88-89, they had some sort of fresh air valve that that extra hose went ot. it was on the lid of the mas air flow. you can use it on any year though, just cap off that hose.

I have that same port in mine and I can't turn the screw either (but it looks like it's punched on the side to not allow adjustment, however I bought one of these:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/IT9838-A.jpg

and it came with some weird aluminum collar (bottom left of pic) and there is nowhere on the pipe to accommodate this piece, and there's nowhere on the car to install it either. I thought it was the same type of port, unless it's provided in case you want to cut/weld it on...not too sure.

-N8

Edited by natallica

One on the left is from a later model car, 88-89, they had some sort of fresh air valve that that extra hose went ot. it was on the lid of the mas air flow. you can use it on any year though, just cap off that hose.

i had a 1g mass that i fit to that lid,,,,,,,, than drilled out that hole to lean out the idle.....but no,,,,,, never got it to unscrew,,,ever....and i tried man i tried