Slow Windows

Killtodie

Todie,

Did you sand the center tube? I know it sounds strange but mine had years of hard, caked on grease that had dried. When my window went down it chattered on the main guide tube in the door. I pulled the panel when doing the stereo and tried to wipe it off with acetone and goof off and it wouldn't touch it. I took 600 grit sand paper and went after it till the tube was clean. I then put a light coating of grease on it and it smoothed right out. Also, if you haven't pulled the window switches and cleaned them, it could be the culprit. Check the FAQ for the window switch cleaning.

Good luck.

L

Yeah, if you haven't cleaned that pipe in the door, it's most likely your culprit. At least, it's not helping at all. As far as the switch goes, I am not sure one would affect the other. But I haven't gone through the FAQ cleaning, I just remember reviewing it. Like most switches, I am sure it's not a big deal. I pulled the toggle switch completely apart for my mirror selector/adjuster and cleaned it and regreased it. It was a little more tricky because of the springs and such but still wasn't a big deal.

L

The passenger window gets it's power through the driver's side switch, all that extra length of wire really affects the amount of power getting to the motor. Clean the switch contacts out while you're at it.

-Robert