New product Thermal barrier intake gaskets!

Dodge2004srt4

The company dropped off the face of the earth. Im going to send them 1 more email but the lack of communication either leads me to believe they dont want to do this anymore, or they have forgotten about getting back to me. Frustrating :.(

Ill keep everyone updated, wish I could make my own.

Chris.

I finally got the response I waited the last week for! I still need to order a minimum of 25 of these gaskets to have them built and now that I have a price I will need to start taking orders and payment. I will be placing the order on the 27th when I get paid unless I end up having to wait until the following payday so I have enough money personally to pay for the remainder of the gaskets that arent sold. That will also give more members time to see this thread so I dont have to shell out my whole paycheck to have these built. The pricing on these will be $65 plus shipping for US orders, if I am given a lower price once these are made or at any time I will be lowering the price and giving refunds for the difference for any already paid for. If I send them out using a flat rate priority mail envelope it will cost $6 including delivery confirmation. Anyone local to MD can pick these up and not pay shipping, and no matter how many are purchased shipping will be the same cost. You can also combine orders with friends to save on shipping as well. Any order of 5 or more gaskets going to the same address at this time will get all of their gaskets at my cost saving $5 per gasket and pay only $6 for shipping!! Right now the list is going to be updated as you all tell me to add you to it. At this time I am not requiring payment to be sent but if you would like to get it over with now you are welcome to. If this falls through for any reason due to the manufacturer or the minimum order cannot be fulfilled then a full refund will be immediately given for the full amount given. Any questions, feel free to PM me. Once I have one of the gaskets I will be posting pictures of the actual product. As of now I can post finished product of the 1JZ or 4G63 gaskets. I will update the first post with pricing and keep everyone updated as I know the fine details.

Thanks everyone for being patient regarding cost,

Chris Crawford.

Great news to everyone interested!! Like I had hinted earlier there was a small possibility that I could get them for a cheaper price......well its true!!

As long as I can continue to order in batches of 20 (first is 25) I will be able to sell them for $55 each instead of $65. For all orders of 5 gaskets to one address you will pay the same $6 shipping but will get them for the cost of $50 each!! I will update the thread with the new pricing which will be effective for this initial 25 gaskets and if I can keep orders of 20 afterwards, then they will not go up to $65 a piece.

I have confirmed that the initial order will take 6-8 weeks, once I have 10 gaskets ordered and paid for, I can place the order. I will fund the remaining number of gaskets no matter if I have to pay for the last 15 or if more are ordered......fewer. There is no limit on how many I can order with the first batch, just that the minimum I must order at first is 25. If anyone wishes to order a stock of these gaskets (10 or more) I will provide a special arrangement with pricing (PM me for details). I am also going to update the first page with an example picture of one of the completed gaskets for the SRT-4 2.4L.

Thanks,

Chris.

What's the deal with needing multiple gaskets? I'm thinking about getting one for a 1jzgte. Are they thick enough to only need one. Also are these already available that I wouldn't have to wait all over the place if I ordered one right away

What's the deal with needing multiple gaskets? I'm thinking about getting one for a 1jzgte. Are they thick enough to only need one. Also are these already available that I wouldn't have to wait all over the place if I ordered one right away

The gasket that is being made from scratch is the G54B only. All of the rest are made and are just a matter of having them in stock when I need to order one. I added those so people with swapped engines can get them too. They are thick enough to not have to double them up.

Thanks,

Chris.

Does anybody know what the difference is between the stock intake gasket and the Magna? I don't remember..just that the stock didn't work it had a leak. The reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if a gasket could be made that would fit both with minimal modding. That way maybe more could be sold and more people could try this out.

Does anybody have pics for comparison or a template that could be used to see if it is feasible to make a gasket that would fit both? If it is possible I would be interested. There are probably other mpi guys that would be interested too. Nothing lost if it is not possible or too much work to mod. Like everyone else I'm always interested in a new mod.

Does anybody have pics for comparison or a template that could be used to see if it is feasible to make a gasket that would fit both? If it is possible I would be interested. There are probably other mpi guys that would be interested too. Nothing lost if it is not possible or too much work to mod. Like everyone else I'm always interested in a new mod.

I could probably have that made as well, but I would need a gasket to copy. Would also need to have a minimum number of orders, but the only problem may fall from the company not being able to sell them as a standard gasket down the road. I can look into it but expect a minimum number of orders and a similar if not greater price tag since it will be a limited run for a gasket that has very little future marketability.

Thanks,

Chris.

Guys, right now there are 2 lists, if you want to be on the interested list so I can update you, please PM me so I can do so. I need the engine you want, and the number of gaskets for each. Once you are on the interested list, the next step is payment. I have to get 10 sold and paid for to get the process rolling. If I were not just a single person I would just have the money all sent in and it started so that we didnt have to wait all that time, but this is how it has to work. I am funding the remaining amount of money needed but the longer this takes to get 10 paid for the longer its going to be until they arrive at your doorstep. If you plan on making payment soon, PM me so I know things are moving.

This is going to take 6-8 weeks regardless of whether I make full payment and order them, then start selling them (which would take a lot longer) or I get 40% paid for and sold, and I fund what I can get from one paycheck which will take the least amount of time. Ill link my feedback from all the major sites I was on so you can all feel a little more comfortable in this process.

Thanks,

Chris.

I was looking at my intakes yesterday to see what you were speaking of Venable. The larger port running to the stock intake fuel mixer is there, but blocked off a few inches from where it meets the head. The small port is not even there but I can see the circle from a previous head gasket. I was under the assumption those are coolant ports on the stock intake, not fuel related. Or are you saying the are fuel related on the Magna?

No matter, HOT coolant is actually routed through the intake (both stock and MPI) which is going to be doing quite a heat up on it's own. This would probably be much more effective if you didnt have 200+ degree coolant freely flowing past the gasket already to heat the intake/air up.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8734/imag0005ta.jpg

The fuel pump block-off (the carbed versions of these motors had a mechanical fuel pump driven off the cam) is between intake runners 1 and 2, where it dips down on the stock intake.

All the other small holes are egr passages. Coolant only runs through the large opening at the front where the t-stat is, and the small rectanglular one between 3 and 4 (welded smaller on the magna)

The coolant through the throttle body runs through passages fed by the 2 openings described above

Keeping more heat in the head of these engines...idk.

I was thinking of bolting more things to it to dissipate heat away from it more effectively...lol

The ideal way in removing heat from the engine is a combination of coolant, oil, and clearance around the engine. I wouldnt want to use my intake as a heat sink, or my turbo/exhaust manifold. With that concept your filter would melt and anything electronic would fail constantly. I know what you are saying, I dont want my head to crack either, but it doesnt take much heat transfer to rapidly heat up the incoming boosted air which could turn into disaster on a finely tuned sensitive engine. It would take quite a large transfer with a large surface area of metal to metal contact to draw enough heat from the head to make a difference. If that were a good idea they would have been incorporating that into engine designs already. This gasket is not going to raise the temps of you cylinder head, and you still have the coolant flowing in the pocket behind the gasket. If you want less heat, get a better oil cooler, use thermal coatings on the head combustion chambers, heat coat the pistons tops, valve head faces, so all the heat created goes out the exhaust, increase your oil capacity by 2-3 quarts, and get the best radiator possible. The whole engine will run cooler and reduce the possibility of heat related cracking and failures. Keep your engine clean and dirt/dust/grease free and it will also run much cooler. A dirty (oil covered, grease, ect) engine runs much hotter and less efficient than an engine that is clean on the outside.

Chris.

With all the interest, PM's regarding payment, ect to the same effect......is anyone prepared to make payment so these can be made? I had nearly 10 or more pending payment folks and very close to getting this ball rolling on the next step. Please if you are wanting one of these and have been in contact......PM me with the approximate date you plan on making the payment so I have an idea whats going on. Right now I have one member paid up, short of the 10 I need to get started. Im really putting my finances on the line even with the 10 paid for but I want to see these made and used, and it was the one thing I could think of That I wanted and could make happen. I would love to see this through and with one success will bring about many more. Please folks keep me apprised!

Thanks,

Chris.