Car dies while driving

Prozaq

Hey guys, I finally got home after a long morning of my car dying on me. It started out the other day with an injector clip that worked its way loose on the freeway. The car shut off, I reconnected the clip to the injector and she started right up. It happened again the next night, except this time the clip was fully connected. Car didn't want to start until a few minutes later. This morning same deal. Now it takes forever to want to start up again and it seems like the answer is letting it cool down and/or beating on the ignitor box. Tach was jumping only during some of the starting attempts. The codes I've pulled are 2 & 3. Never had 3 before so I'm going out on a limb and guessing it's related. I'm assuming a new ignitor box is in order; is there anything else I should be looking at? Pretty fresh rebuild, fuses are new and wires have been cleaned. Grounds are cleaned/rebuilt and have not had issues the previous 3k miles.

Thanks guys,

Jon

edit: Sorry, a little more info. When the car died, it literally felt like an ignition cut; it would shut off immediately (electrics would stay on) and I wouldn't even have time to pump the gas to see if that affected it. It felt like if I had just turned the key off while driving. And I'm sure I will get told off for "ignoring" a code, but I'd rather focus on one thing at a time right this second.

Edited by Prozaq

autozone part number 85850

5.99 each. you only need two

replace those and see if that helps, its quick and easy

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Dorman-Conduct-Tite-2-Wire-Bosh-fuel-injector-repair-pigtail/_/N-255s?itemIdentifier=18624

Edited by 19cturbo

i had the same problem a while back and it was a bad connection in the harness below the fusible links, its been a few years ago so i dont rember exactly but i removed the battery and the cover and followed the wire that comes out of the bottom of the f.l box checking all the connections and found it. might help, might not..but its free to check and easy enough.

Thanks for the input guys! I rewired the injectors (got rid of a rough soldering job done a long time ago and some damaged wiring) and repositioned the injectors so the clips would fully connect now. Took it out and it seemed to work until last night the same thing happened. I did manage to narrow it down to the ignitor box; after tapping on it with a screwdriver handle, I could hear the ISC find position...every time I tapped on it. The car would work fine afterwards. I guess that explains some things lol. I'll get this swapped out as soon as I find the req'd parts and post in here again. Edited by Prozaq

replaceing the inj clip is only half the job,, clean the inj terminals , the clip terminal makes a very small connection area

actualy the total contact area per clip is aprox 3 points .010" wide , so a clean terminal is a must