I got to thinking

Chaos_THC

I have my car up for a part out. But as it is still at my girlfriends parents house waiting for her dad to tow it to me I've been thinking. I honestly love the car and would like to keep the 2.6 in it, but i keep running into problems and have a few that i can't solve. i know it needs at least the crank turned and a set of rods due to a slight knock at about 3k (i put new rod bearings in it over a year ago cause the #1 was completely shot). But other than that I keep running in to drive-ability problems that come and go. Mainly when I accelerate, it will randomly bog down. It never stalls but it just lacks any power. If I dance on it a bit it kicks right back in (offend braking the tires loose hahaha) and spools up no problem. It also has an undercharging problem that i can not figure out. I've pulled the alt off and had it tested more than once, put a new batt in it. I thought it might be going dead after i shut it off, but i started dcing the batt after i shut it off and putting a charge on it every day or so. But if i was driving it and kicked the headlights on it would die right then and there(also sometime recently the dash lights have quit working... idk if it's related or not but idk where to start looking on that one either). Basically long story short I need someone to take me under there wing and point me in the right direction. I do have the old Mitsu book but it's missing all the emissions stuff and all the vac diagrams. Can anyone help me with some ideas wail I still have some time to think about it? If you want to call or text me cell is 512-739-3661

Multiple issues with dirty connections and injectors. The crank won't need turned just because it was knocking. If you SAW many irregular lines in the crank when you changed that bearing than maybe it would need turned. Its the rod that needs checked if it was knocking badly because it was moving up and down and being jerked on when it changed directions and that can make the end of it no longer round. Unless it does it again don't worry about it. You must not be driving it, take the injectors out and send them to www.rceng.com to be cleaned. If the clips to them appear corroded then get new ones. You have to splice those into clean copper strands in the harness so you have to cut away several inches before you find clean wire to attach to. There's a TPS that gets dirty when its not used just keep moving the throttle open and close many times and that will help. The CTS conector might be dirty or loose but make sure its connector has a black wire as one of the wires not two yellow wires with stripes or it has the wrong connector on it and that one is for the temp. gauge sensor. The CTS has the end molded into an oval shape that protrudes out of the top. Get a timing light. I'd not even try and start it again until the injectors are cleaned. While those are sent out, it takes just a few days to get them back, go to an Advanced Auto, NAPA or rockauto.com and order you 4 new spark plugs, NGK part #7031 don't buy something else they try and sell you, get those. After its running you can check the timing and TPS and get it to idle again.

i was more worried about the car falling on it's face all the time... I've put over 500 hours into this car all ready so that's the reason behind seeing the forest and not the trees. I've put a new head on it, new timing with silent shafts deleted. Also put new rings in it, new main and rod bearings, new TD05H-16G turbo, Made a down pipe to fit, deleted both cats, Running 12.5 PSI. New NGK plugs and wires... there's probably something I'm forgetting but it's whatever. Since I'm nowhere near done with upgrades is why I'm just going to get a new set of rods and pistons I know it's not required but it's worth it to me. The knock isn't even noticeable from in the car, I've never clearly heard it other that when the #1 went out before the rebuild. So ya right now I don't even have access to the car anyways (it's in Pflugerville Tx and I live on the south side of Austin Tx and it's about 30-40 miles atleast to get from where I am to where it is. And it's my only car atm). But I also do not need a car right this min so I'm more looking for some advice so i can make a game plan for when the car is brought to me.