Python Injector Help

Contsi

87 Quest TSi – I’m looking to buy a single Python remanufactured injector.

I need the injector with the green connector, it is leaking on the side at the plastic connector which is cracked. On my car this injector is closest to the passenger side fender, the other injector has black connector. How can I guarantee getting the correct injector? Below are the numbers from the Python web site.

Thank you

The two numbers on the Python web site are 648-433 and 629-202. Can these be crossed to our stock numbers?

http://www.partsgeek.com/assets/rep/thumb/1085108.jpg

Edited by Contsis

yes i called last week for a primary injector black top.The injector was nice very clean and worked great.I asked them to match my numbers to there's.They had to ask supplier but i never got off phone and took maybe 10 minutes.Ask them to match ur numbers to there's.

All their injectors are stock size. All you need is any 87+secondary and those were all blue/green color plastic. If the oring on the top is leaking and you have a crack in the plastic it can appear that they are leaking because of the plastic but sometimes is cracked they do not leak.

yes i called last week for a primary injector black top.The injector was nice very clean and worked great.I asked them to match my numbers to there's.They had to ask supplier but i never got off phone and took maybe 10 minutes.Ask them to match ur numbers to there's.

Who did you call and which number do I match? What do they cost?

Thanks

All their injectors are stock size. All you need is any 87+secondary and those were all blue/green color plastic. If the oring on the top is leaking and you have a crack in the plastic it can appear that they are leaking because of the plastic but sometimes is cracked they do not leak.

I've changed the O ring a couple of times, I wipe dry the injector, start it and it appears to get wet right aroud the plastic first. the other injector stays dry. I want to replace it and see.

Thanks guys........

I ordered the primary injector from a company that i just happen to google,called to make sure the injector they were talking about was the right one since it said front and back.It cost me $65 the injector was here in 4 days and when i sent injector back the $15 core charge was put back on credit card no problems at all.Exact samething rockauto does.

Thanks, having a hard time finding someone who has one in stock, I would just like to have one in hand before sending mine out, if you can remember the company I would appreciate it.

Also, is front primary and rear secondary? And is this based on where the fuel enters the system that it hits the primary first? The configuration on my 87 quest is injector with black connector toward the driver side and green connector toward the passenger side. Just want to make sure I get the right one.

Base on the statement below from the other post my theory above about front and rear does not make sense.

MD614036 is the GREEN SECONDARY STAMP M 86-1 (FRONT)

MD614102 is the BLACK PRIMARY STAMP L 86-1 (REAR)

I will be calling a couple other places and will look for the green MD614036 to replace mine.