Length of back seats to end of trunk space.

Cole

• 2 weeks later...
Nah, I just sold and in the future do some heavy mods on just the chassis, but right now I don't. It doesn't have to be exact, just from where the carpet and leather meet for the seat until you touch the very end for the trunk inside. Oh, and btw, it's not for speakers lol. Thinking of making a mid-engined starion. Haven't figured what engine yet, so that's still pretty broad, but I would like to make the weight distribution pretty even. The battery will still be in the front and radiator, possibly the intercoolers too. Anyways.... ^_^ Edited by Cole

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember off the top of my head but it's tight for a motor. I doubt you are going to have the room you need but good luck, love to see that mod. You will be rear heavy tho because the wheel base is relatively short. If you don't have a measurement by tomorrow I will knock the snow off mine and measure it for you.

Best of luck.

L

Thanks so much! I guess it would be rear heavy huh,,, The engine now that I think of it would be almost on top of the rear wheels and since I'm adding another 2 cylinders it would be more heavy than the 4 cylinder. Maybe I'll put the engine in the front where the original engine goes. Hmmmm......

Maybe if that works, I'll somehow in someway make it an awd to even the weight distribution. Or just keep the engine in the bay and keep the original layout since that ine guy put a vette engine in the Starion.... Which is quite amazing btw. I have this topic in the wrong place don't I lol. This should probably be under BS lol.

I have this topic in the wrong place don't I lol. This should probably be under BS lol.

Probally LOL.

What engine and trans are you looking at using?

The width between the shock towers might be more of an issue. At least it was when i measured for a 3000 gt v6. LOL That and the v6 sub frame / wheel track was two wide. Dsm engine and trans might be more do able.