1987 Conquest 4G64 *SOLD - payment rec/awaiting pickup* - Pittsburgh

modifyd

Up for sale is my 4G64 Conquest I purchased from another member some time ago. I just have too many projects as many people do and don't really have the ambition to work on it. I want to start back on my '89 and this will just go further down the project line. Anyway here is the link to the original post if you care:

http://www.starquest...l=&fromsearch=1

I never took it to the track, had a few bugs to work out when I bought it and when I got it running I just drove it around town. Had to have the Turbonetics T3 on it rebuilt and it came back worse - piece of crap so I put the AIR T3 on it. Quite a few other bugs I had to remedy too that I won't waste space mentioning. It has around 92k on it now - maybe 4k on the engine. Accessories as follows:

• SDS EM-4D
  • Innovate LC1 Wideband with digital dynotune gauge
  • Eagle CRS5900MA3D "ESP" H-Beam Rods
  • ARP head studs 207-4201
  • Holley 12-920 Fuel Pump (480 lbs/hr)
  • Comp Cams 101-202-8E (Exhaust Cam)
  • Comp Cams 101-201-8I (Intake Cam)
  • Wiseco pistons k564m87
  • Aeromotive Fuel Filter A2712301 - 10 Micron #10 AN
  • TurboXS BOV Type-H
  • Fidanza 161261 Aluminum flywheel
  • Mitsubishi md189399 Cam Gears (pair)
  • Mitsubishi md331076 Timing Belt
  • Cometic c4235-051 Head Gasket
  • BLE Engineering SRT MT00501 Solid Race Tensioner
  • TurboXS Standard Boost Controller BCSBC
  • Aeromotive 13109 Aeromotive A1000-6 Injected Bypass Regulator
  • Spec clutch sm493f
  • 6-Bolt rear end
  • Intercooler inlet/outlet modified for 2.5" pipes
  • 88 Transmission
  • Tial 38mm wastegate (I'm keeping this as it will match my 2JZ powdercoating)
  • 4g64 from Mighty Max
  • 4G63 Turbo Head
  • Autometer Boost Gauge in place of stock boost gauge
  • Devil's Own Methanol Injection Kit (I will knock some off the price or trade for tires below if I can keep for my turbo 4runner)
  • Turbonetics T3 cast manifold for 38mm wastegate
  • Garrett AIResearch T3 0.60 Comp 0.63 Turbine Water/Oil Cooled
  • 2.5" DP and exhaust (no cat)
  • 75% of all hoses are stainless steel braided with AN fittings
  • Highly Polished 4G63 Valve Cover
  • Stock 4G intake flipped around
  • BBK Cone Filter
  • Rebuilt alternator powdercoated purple (matched the WG and old VC)
  • Talon steering wheel in good condition

I'm probably forgetting some things but I'll update it as I remember. If no interest here and no interest on eBay, I'll start parting it out as the parts (even used) are definitely worth more than my asking price. I'm not parting it out until then so DO NOT ASK.

The car has some rust in the quarters and rails, but nothing compared to some of the cars on here. I bought it with intentions on swapping to a different body as they are readily available. The car is currently on SHPs with drag radials. Those will NOT come with the car. I have a stock set of 7s and 8s and can put the drag radials on them that are currently on the car (~50%) or I have a brand new set of 225/50s that are already on the 7s and 8s and will include them for $100 extra. The car has an old pioneer deck and the speakers will need reconnected. I never cared as I just listen to the engine as it's a fun car. The windows work but are slow. Interior in good condition for age but leather is tight - no rips. The car does NOT have A/C. The car has a brand new airdam on it (OEM) when I bought it and it's still in good condition. Cruise works. Stock suspension. Battery is only a year old. Also has a brand new radiator - PO put in. Power steering pump makes a little noise.

The car will need an oil catch can setup - I had bungs welded on my other valve cover but I'm keeping that as it has my initals engraved in it. The current valve cover was mirror polished and was quite pricey on eBay. It will work fine as it is on low boost (small evacuation line). The car runs and idles good, but could use a dyno tune. I've just street tuned it and it works good for me. I also have another 88 trans with really low miles we can work a deal on. It's not for sale separate.

PM me with any questions. I'm asking $5200 for it - pretty firm as the parts/machine work are worth quite a bit more, let alone the car itself. May be interested in trades, let me know what you have.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1391/img0082yh.th.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6127/img0083zd.th.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5349/img0084qb.th.jpg

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/8066/img0085v.th.jpg

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7373/img0086hj.th.jpg

Edited by modifyd

What size injectors are you running and how much would you take off the price if you keep the Methanol injection system? I ask because E-85 is available where I live, and much better for my needs than alcohol injection... but it takes some pretty big injectors to run E-85. Also, how can you sell without a wastegate unless person purchasing has one in their back pocket when the show up to drive the car home?

Thanks,

Keith

Edited by Threedoor

Keith, I would put a knockoff wastegate on for somebody to get home. I'll take $200 off for the kit. I'm pretty sure they're 720s or 750s.

Jarhead, I bought it for $4500, but it came with a bad turbo, bad wastegate and piping, bad master/slave, and a host of other stuff.

Edited by modifyd

Yeah COP would be nice but don't think it would matter that much with a mild build like this. I think SDS can run the COP if you wanted to change. No numbers, just honestly havent had the motivation to go to the dyno - always planned to go just never went. I tinker on my 69 Mach more than anything and am now building a minibike. Everything for A/C is still under dash so mount a compressor and cond and some lines and you could have A/C. There is room.

• 3 weeks later...