Need a gas Tank for my '88 Starion.

Signal20

So I pulled my Starion out of storage (3 years), and drained my gas tank. Its full of rust and Black sluge. It also leaks. I need a tank, complete with pick up tube and sending unit and fuel pump. In Florida would be great so I could pick up and keep the cost down. Let me know what you got, as I would consider any good tank. And please send me photos.

Thanks

Paul

pvansteen@tampabay.rr.com

post-13138-0-01563700-1326057869_thumb.jpg

So I pulled my Starion out of storage (3 years), and drained my gas tank. Its full of rust and Black sluge. It also leaks. I need a tank, complete with pick up tube and sending unit and fuel pump. In Florida would be great so I could pick up and keep the cost down. Let me know what you got, as I would consider any good tank. And please send me photos.

Thanks

Paul

pvansteen@tampabay.rr.com

Don't trash the tank! Take it to your local radiator (gas tank) repair shop. More than likely they can "dip" it the tank, clean it up real good, patch up any little leak area and coat the inside of the tank with sealant, a nice coat of rust-o-leum paint on the outside, and wha-la! a "new tank". Then replace your hoses, fuel pump and filters. Once the tank is mounted back on the vehicle, a nice coat of "undercoating" to finish, and you should be good to go my friend.

Don't trash the tank! Take it to your local radiator (gas tank) repair shop. More than likely they can "dip" it the tank, clean it up real good, patch up any little leak area and coat the inside of the tank with sealant, a nice coat of rust-o-leum paint on the outside, and wha-la! a "new tank". Then replace your hoses, fuel pump and filters. Once the tank is mounted back on the vehicle, a nice coat of "undercoating" to finish, and you should be good to go my friend.

Also go to gastankrenu.com, and see if they have a location near you. They blast the inside and outside of the tank, patch up any leaks, and then dip the whole tank in a couple of protective coatings that heep it from rusting ever again. It even comes with a lifetime warranty.

We had my wife's tank done for $250. That may seem like a lot, but when we tried to find a tank, we couldn't find anything local, and to get a decent tank bought and shipped to us was in the neighborhood of $150-200. For a little more cash, we got a tank that looks and is basically new, will have better longetivity than in it's stock form, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Deffinately don't scrap the old one. I'm seeing more and more of these threads, so it's only a matter of time before more of them are gone and they become even harder to find.

THE ONES FROM CALIF, ARIZONA,TEXAS,FLORIDA ARE IN THE BEST SHAPE .THAT WEATHER BACK EAST AND SITTING TO LONG DESTROYS THEM AND THATS WHY THESE CARS HAVE SO MANY RUNNING PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!.......WHEN I GOT MY SECOND QUEST I CLEANED FUEL SYSTEM OUT AFTER THAT CAR RAN GREAT !!!!!!!!!..iF YOU CAN GET A GOOD ONE FOR A GOOD PRICE ,WHY SPEND YOUR TIME ON FIXING THAT ONE ......(YOU CAN POLISH A PIECE OF s*** BUT YOU JUST END UP WITH A POLISHED PIECE OF s***)