Cooling temp Sensor

I just bought a 87 yesterday, I got the injectors working right had to install new injector clips (runs ten time better) but still cant get it to idol lower below 1300rpms did the tps isc adjustment that helped alot got it down from 2600 rpms. My question is the hole time i've been working on it i havent heard the fan come on even after a hard test drive. Temp gauge isn't working i thought it was yesterday? Does the ecu gauge and fans operate off the same temp sensor. And where is it located? I think is seen two on there.

the ecu uses a sending unit from the intake manifold but the fans operate off 2 sending units in the bottom of the radiator... the passenger side sensor turns the fan on at a cooler temp than the passenger sidde one.... it is a very nice mod to run both colder sensors.

Test your fans, turn the key on and pull the wire off the sensor in the lower radiator tank and short it to ground and the motor on that side should run.

The CTS and the gauge sender are two different things and can be plugged in with the plugs swapped.

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/ECICTS.jpg

Thanks i found the one on the intake. There are to close the themostat housing. Do one of these work the gauge in the dash?

the one installed on the top of the intake pointed up send info to the ecu until it reaches temp and the one mounted in the side of intake pointed towards the drivers side goes to ur dash gauge for coolant temp---the switch mounted in ur t-stat is for the a/c compressor(shuts compressor down if overheating occurs)---as mentioned above two low temp thermosensors in radiator is nice if one or both are bad but if they r good just wire together so they both come on at same time---works for me :)

gig out