Replacement isc / mps, where to get one, or another car with same?

dirtydevin

I need to replace the mps in my isc, I have 2 working idle speed control motors and nose switches but both have a bad motor position sensor. Is there another mitsubishi that someone knows has the same mps? I am hoping to swing by the junkyard and pull one, but am pretty sure there will be no starion/conquests at the local yards. Maybe a newer model that will be less likely to be bad has the same part? Or is there a place to get new ones, as I read they are not available from the dealer?

Have you taken them apart to clean them and solder new wires? They are hardened and when you move the wires they end up flexing at the solder joint and eventually break off. Its not in the service manual how to do that but you take the two screws off that band clamp and peel back the boot and you'll see the wires for the idle motor. You can unscrew it, its spring loaded just make sure it goes back together the same way.

Yes, I took it all apart and tested everything individually and fount the only thing not working is the small spring loaded mps sensor {the one under the round bump in the mounting bracket held in by two litlle phillips head screws} and the problem is not the wires as I have tested them right at the base of the sensor. The problem is inside the sensor, I actually cut the sensor apart to see but it appears to be unfixable.

It changes resistance as the idle motor moves in and out but I was thinking it was just a stick that didn't move. Unless you applied voltage to it, 5v, it may not do anything. Plugged into the ECU harness you'll see its value on the pin in the ECU and if the idle motor moves then stops it must be working otherwise it would just go all the way to the end and stop or not move at all.