86 starion

86starionIA

Just bought an 86 starion ESI-R from a member of this site (Kadein13) It needs a transmission but gonna go pick one up today and start driving it can't wait been trying to get him to sell me it since he bought it by the way my name is Mike i will add photos as soon as i get the car here

welcome! these boards are a great place to gain knowledge and ask intelligent questions. Many people here are willing to help and have accumulated the mass of obsolete parts required to keep on of these things functioning in tip-top condition.

Have a look around the forums and particularly the FAQ thread. There is a lot of knowledge on here that saves a lot of headaches and money down the road if you read wisely!

ok thankyou for the info but after making a few calls there is a salvage yard about 30 miles from me that can get me a transmission for $500 shipped to them and then i go pick it up. also if its on car-part.com they said thats what they do for parts they don't have is they call all around the U.S and order parts if they need them

old trans was completely destroyed anyway the place i bought this one took it as a core

save old trans and start looking for a kit to rebuield it they are 20 plus years old and it's best to look ahead!!!!! welcome to the site ,where there are a lot of starquest junkies to help you get it fixed right!!!!!!!!!