Boost sensor? narrowing down from previous threads

starhunter

I replaced the og knock sensor with another I had laying around. Didn't notice a difference in the stumble. I feel like it starts acting up more when I get a noticeable amount of boost. I've replaced so much that may have been needed but as a means to chasing this problem for two years now.

I've been told knock sensor and boost sensor by other members. Any other ideas?

Again, its a stumble that gets bad enough to eventually kill the car for atleast a 40 minute rest. It doesn't die as quickly since the TB rebuild and idle/iac work.

Thanks to Luis for coming out this summer.

Sounds like fouled plugs to me.

What plugs are you using?

What else is done to your car?

What year is it, what turbo and how much boost?

Sticky injectors can also foul plugs.

Dead vacuum advance or a gummed up governor plate in the distributor.

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/plugwiring02.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs123.snc1/5289_1027208978663_1778479606_56212_606787_n.jpg

Ill look into the plugs tomorrow. With all the external work done I could see that overlooked. I've also been putting off mech lifter adjustment, which I suppose could lead to plugs fouling if bad enough.

Ill have to start a search on the vac advance for similar issues and replacement if needed.

My last three stars were pure pleasure. Some mods, or not, but I could drive them to the moon. I just haven't gotten that with this lingering gremlin around.

The spark plugs will have to be ordered. They kept pushing some others on me but I knew I was looking for a U and a 7 in the NGK part.

The vac advance was $60. Don't know if i did it right but when I pulled the vac hose and sucked all I got was high off the gas fumes. Ill reread the thread but that gas was pretty heavy. Another issue?

its a stumble that gets bad enough to eventually kill the car for atleast a 40 minute rest.

This can only be fouled plugs or ones that are nearly fouled and are wet. You need some new plugs but you have injector issues. Is this on your 88 or 86?

The problems with the '86. I had injector issues but they're now new along with clips and a TB rebuild. I think the plugs may not have been changed since then.

I found two distys in the shed: '87 & '89. One of the vac advances looked clean and aftermarket. I can throw that on from an earlier response.